Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You Know Whats BS Thread

You Know Whats BS Thread

- Shoe Laces. No matter how many times you tie your shoes, it always finds a way to untangle itself. You can double knot it, triple knot it, doesn't matter, it gets undone later on no matter how hard you try. How bout all shoes being velcro? I mean doesn't it seem girly to have a bow on your feet anyways? What we really need are them shoes like off of Back to the Future 2. It automatically laces itself and auto sizes according to the size of your feet.

- Hotel Room TVs. You know why? There's no RCA input. I dunno about you but when I go on vacation, I like to bring entertainment with me. A game console, a DVD player. I mean wouldn't it be nice to hook that up to your hotel room TV? But you can't cause there's no input! Except for that Coaxial thing on the back. So your only chance is to bring that RCA / Coaxial adapter and drag that heavy TV stand over just to get to the back of the TV to hook it up. Actually it would be really nice if that TV had a built in DVD player. No matter what hotel you go to, no matter how fancy or how much you paid for the room, their television sets never seem to have RCA inputs. I mean think about it. Every TV I've ever seen sold in my life has at least one RCA input. Unless it's 20/30 years old. So let me ask. Where do you find a TV that doesn't have RCA? Go to Best Buy, go to Circuit City. go to Walmart, any electronic store. I guarantee you will not find one. So is there some secret factory that makes these specially made hotel room TV's just to inconvenience their guests? There must be. And you know why? They got you. They offer both video games and movies but you gotta pay for em. And most of the channels suck anyways cause they play 24/7 ads on restaurants or their hotel resort.

- Movies. What happened with movies these days? Do you remember back in the 80's and 90's or even earlier when movies were considered classics and Hollywood was taking pride in movies? The target audience to Hollywood now and days seems to be teenagers, giving them that "Newer is better" mentality. I seriously asked a friend of mine who only watches "New" movies if she seen Predator. She never heard of it! And when I told her it was a really good movie made back in the 80's, she said, "Oh that's ancient, noone ever watches that stuff no more unless you're old." So what!!! It beats the crap out of what Hollywood is spitting out. These days, movies have too much CGI, uses CGI in places that aren't needed, too many pop culture references, too many reused cliches, too much hip hop / pop music even in movies that don't need it, horrible actors/actresses, horrible stories, unfunny comedy, too many homosexual references, horrible casting (...speaking of horrible casting who the hell thought it would be an Oscar to have Owen Wilson, Jack Black, and Steve Martin in the mix in The Big Year?...btw it bombed in the box office along with nearly other movie), too many remakes that are not needed because you can't remake whats already a classic. And last but not least almost every movie is in 3D now. Also every movie that seems to hit theaters hits the DVDs/Blueray within a month later. Remember back when it was in theaters for 10 months, then pay per view, then VHS/DVD? Movies are getting worse and worse now and days both financially and quality. Not too many people are going to theaters anymore like they use to. The average age of theater goers are typically now 25-35 yet Hollywood still targets teens. And as for video rentals, the rental stores suck now and are being replaced with better alternatives such as Netflicks and Hulu, and in many cases even bit torrents, file sharing programs, and other forms of piracy. Remember back in video rental stores when every movie on the shelf was different? They now flood the entire shelf with their "New hit movie" even if the movie sucks only cause its "Neeeeew" cause as we all know "Newer is better!" /rollseyes With video rental machines it's the same thing. All they have are "New" movies to choose from. With Hollywood it's all money now and they are cliquey. They reuse only the mainstream actors in their crappy mainstream movies to try and make a buck. Even if they get really good and original scripts from someone not known, they just toss it out cause they reuse the same writers who are part of their cliquey group. And they do this to help push their agenda on us, the consumers. Also noone uses numbers in their sequels no more. Its always Blah blah the revenge, blah blah resurrection, blah blah reloaded, The blah blah, etc. Like Final destination 4 for example is called The Final Destination. How can you distinguish that from the first movie? Cause of the The? Same thing with The Fast and the Furious 4 being called Fast & Furious. Or Rocky 6 being called Rocky Balboa. Or Rambo 4 being called Rambo. Number the stinking sequels Hollywood!

What do you have that you know is BS?

Re: You Know Whats BS Thread

Nice rant, but I can't say I agree with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Roman View Post
    - Shoe Laces. No matter how many times you tie your shoes, it always finds a way to untangle itself. You can double knot it, triple knot it, doesn't matter, it gets undone later on no matter how hard you try. How bout all shoes being velcro? I mean doesn't it seem girly to have a bow on your feet anyways?
    I do have velcro shoes. However, what is odd is that people are taught the bow knot for tying shoes. They don't hold well, and for that people are taught the double knot, which doesn't untie for beans (and a double not is just a double negative, so that wouldn't even be a not). There are dozens of knots in the world, so why do we use bows? A couple decades back I saw an article on the hiking knot. I have no idea what the real name for it is, but I saw it in a hiking magazine, so I have always called it the hiking knot. It is one variation on the bow knot, looks about the same, is just as easy to untie, and almost never comes undone on its own. I only use it on my boots, since my shoes, as I said, are velcro, but in all the miles I have hiked in the last couple decades, I have only had that knot come undone on its own a handful of times. Why do we teach inferior knots to our kids? If you don't teach them a proper knot, your teaching is for naught.

- Hotel Room TVs. No matter what hotel you go to, no matter how fancy or how much you paid for the room, their television sets never seem to have RCA inputs.
    Wrong. You, Mr. One Percent, are just being too uptown. The hotels I stay at aren't that fancy. If the TV is there, it's something from a flea market....you can tell by the fleas. Some of them look like they might even be from a flee market (if you flee fast enough, it's yours). I think what you are saying is true for the higher end places I've stayed, but not the dives. Therefore, you just aren't setting your sights low enough.

(...speaking of horrible casting who the hell thought it would be an Oscar to have Owen Wilson, Jack Black, and Steve Martin in the mix in The Big Year?...btw it bombed in the box office along with nearly other movie
    I rather liked that movie. That's probably because, in one of my earlier jobs, I worked with those people. They nailed it, as far as I could see. The one thing they left out was the binocular rings etched into the glass of eyeglasses. I could tell you tales.....

As for people going to the movies: I live a bit west of nowhere, yet the last time I went to see a movie at the theatre, the price was $10!!! Unreal. Let's see here....wait a couple months....netflix cost will be.... 1 dollar? Less?

What I think is BS is all the gadgets. You can get a portable leaf vacuum now. You can get an electric corkscrew, electric cheese grater, electric dog,, and so on. There isn't any task so trivially difficult that somebody can't come up with some electric tool to remove that minor amount of effort. Totally silly. If you want to find an easier way to open a wine bottle, get one of those devices that injects pressurized air under the cork to force it out. Better yet, modify that device to inject metallic sodium into the wine. Now THAT's entertainment!!!
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Pennies. Pennies are worthless. What can you buy with a penny? Nothing. So why even have pennies? Get rid of em! Nobody wants to carry pennies around. Why do you think there are so many pennies laying on the street that don't even get picked up? Cause nobody wants em! They are like mosquitoes! Go away you pennies! Think about it. There's 4 quarters to a dollar, 2 nickels to a dime, and 5 pennies to a nickel! Even if you save a bunch of pennies, you're not gonna feel like counting em. Think about how much time store clerks waste giving pennies back to ya. And how often the change is just a penny. How often do you hear people say, "keep the change?" A lot cause people don't want a penny. Every price should end in a 5 or a 0. Pennies are BS.

Gas Pump Prices. Who's ridiculous idea was it to end the gas prices with a 9/10's of a cent? Why can't they just even out the number to an even penny? To trick the customers into thinking it's a penny cheaper a gallon? It's ridiculous. Remove it! Nobody cares. The gas prices are bad enough as it is, it doesn't need a fraction as well. It's probably the only product that has the fraction. Imagine if we went to a store to buy soda only to find the soda was only 74 9/10 cents. Wouldn't it be wiser to have an even 75 cents?

I think you should go to the station, buy EXACTLY one gallon of gas, and demand your 1/10th cent back. That could be your protest.

I should

PowerPoster

Velcro shoes do make quite the fashion statement.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

- Shoe Laces....
    My butler does mine for me, can't say I have ever had that problem.

- Hotel Room TVs...
    The last hotel I stayed in had 60" TV, an XBox, play station, DVD player, a grand piano and a bottle of champagne and cup cake. Ask for the presidential suit next time and you won't need to lug your entertainment about with you.

- Movies...
    I agree, armatures of the 80's has always been a favourite of mine.
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

Random VisualAd: Blog - Latest Post: When the Internet becomes Electricity!!

Spread happiness and joy. Rate good posts.

Jacob_Roman, those complaints sound awfully familiar to these...

With that said, it's nice to see you again after so long. The Direct X champion.

It is that lol

AVGN for the win

type Woss is new Grumpy; wossname's Avatar

I think that VBF has finally sunk below the threshold for a sane human being to frequent.

wossname: VBW / VBF member 1999-2011. Signing off. It's been... variable.
    I don't live here any more.

Quote Originally Posted by wossname View Post
    I think that VBF has finally sunk below the threshold for a sane human being to frequent.

wossname: VBW / VBF member 1999-2011. Signing off. It's been... variable.
    Now that's BS

McDonald's Pronunciation Couple days ago I had a huge argument and debate with my gf about the pronunciation of McDonald's. She calls it MacDonald's. I call it MickDonald's. Everyone i knew in my life in America whether in Chicago, Orlando, Kissimmee, St. Louis, they all call it MickDonald's while in Miami they all call it MacDonald's. The original creator of McDonald's called it MacDonald's while the new owner calls it MickDonald's. We started youtubing McDonald's commercials around the world just so she can prove me wrong. Even around the world some countries call it Mac like Japan and all the Spanish countries, while others like Australia calls it MickDonald's. Majority of Miami is Spanish anyways and has a large Black community as well in some parts so it's no wonder why they all call it MacDonald's. I say it goes both ways cause both ways are correct but in a literal English sense, what a bunch of BS that MickDonald's was said so much it became the norm. Afterall, if you say something wrong enough times, it becomes right.

McDonald's Pronunciation Couple days ago I had a huge argument and debate with my gf about the pronunciation of McDonald's. She calls it MacDonald's. I call it MickDonald's. Everyone i knew in my life in America whether in Chicago, Orlando, Kissimmee, St. Louis, they all call it MickDonald's while in Miami they all call it MacDonald's. The original creator of McDonald's called it MacDonald's while the new owner calls it MickDonald's. We started youtubing McDonald's commercials around the world just so she can prove me wrong. Even around the world some countries call it Mac like Japan and all the Spanish countries, while others like Australia calls it MickDonald's. Majority of Miami is Spanish anyways and has a large Black community as well in some parts so it's no wonder why they all call it MacDonald's. I say it goes both ways cause both ways are correct but in a literal English sense, what a bunch of BS that MickDonald's was said so much it became the norm. Afterall, if you say something wrong enough times, it becomes right.
    I just call it "MuckDonalds"
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'
    save a blobFileStreamDataTable To Text Filemy blog

PowerPoster

There can be only one!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    What I think is BS is all the gadgets. You can get a portable leaf vacuum now. You can get an electric corkscrew, electric cheese grater, electric dog,, and so on. There isn't any task so trivially difficult that somebody can't come up with some electric tool to remove that minor amount of effort. Totally silly. If you want to find an easier way to open a wine bottle, get one of those devices that injects pressurized air under the cork to force it out. Better yet, modify that device to inject metallic sodium into the wine. Now THAT's entertainment!!!
    The most stupid kitchen appliance I saw has to be the egg cooker. Holds 5 or 6 eggs and cooks them with hot air or whatever. So, people don't have a stove, a pot and some water these days?!

So just go to Burger King and be done with it

Gas Pump Prices. Who's ridiculous idea was it to end the gas prices with a 9/10's of a cent? Why can't they just even out the number to an even penny? To trick the customers into thinking it's a penny cheaper a gallon? It's ridiculous. Remove it! Nobody cares. The gas prices are bad enough as it is, it doesn't need a fraction as well. It's probably the only product that has the fraction. Imagine if we went to a store to buy soda only to find the soda was only 74 9/10 cents. Wouldn't it be wiser to have an even 75 cents?
    Americans complaining about gas prices. You still have gas prices at least at 50% of almost anywhere in Europe and you still complain.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baja_yu View Post
    Americans complaining about gas prices. You still have gas prices at least at 50% of almost anywhere in Europe and you still complain.
    I just roll my eyes toward heaven and sigh...

Of course we complain about gas prices that are, doubtless, the lowest on the entire planet...thats what makes us American!!!!!!!!

What would you expect? Americans actually marvelling at how well they have many things?

Oh please..[insert more eye rolling and sighing here]

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post

Of course we complain about gas prices that are, doubtless, the lowest on the entire planet...thats what makes us American!!!!!!!!

What would you expect? Americans actually marvelling at how well they have many things?

CONCUR!
    The name's "Peck" .... "Max Peck"

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." - Red Adair

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post

You'll have to explain the meaning of that to Hack. He has no idea what Facebook is. In fact, he visits this forum using an old telegraph machine and morse code.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Face what?

What is morse code?

I have contemplated on many occasions creating my own social networking site.

My end goal would be to make my site more banal and inane than either Facebook or Twitter.

The problem I face is that I doubt I have the twalent to accomplish such lofty, nay dare I say impossible, goals.

You know whats BS, VBForums has no Like buttons. VBForums needs Like buttons

The most stupid kitchen appliance I saw has to be the egg cooker. Holds 5 or 6 eggs and cooks them with hot air or whatever. So, people don't have a stove, a pot and some water these days?!
    It's not so stupid. That device allows Congressmen to cook up a meal during debates.

Talk about wasting your time on trivialities.
    Make as many mistakes as you can as quickly as you can. We want to make sure that we make a great enough number of mistakes in a given amount of time so that we can be successful.

"Persistence is the magic of success." Paramahansa Yogananda

LA, Calif. Raiders #1 AKA:Gangsta Yodaâ„¢

We need everyone else to drive electric cars so all the gas can be for us!

There is a bumper sticker that reads: "Drive a hybrid, I need your gas" and its stuck on a muscle car
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda™ ®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    • Reps & Rating Posts • VS.NET on Vista • Multiple .NET Framework Versions • Office Primary Interop Assemblies • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NET • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6 • VB.NET Attributes Ex. • Outlook Global Address List • API Viewer utility • .NET API Viewer Utility •
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

LA, Calif. Raiders #1 AKA:Gangsta Yodaâ„¢

You know whats BS, VBForums has no Like buttons. VBForums needs Like buttons
    Soon young Skywalker,... soon...
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda™ ®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    • Reps & Rating Posts • VS.NET on Vista • Multiple .NET Framework Versions • Office Primary Interop Assemblies • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NET • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6 • VB.NET Attributes Ex. • Outlook Global Address List • API Viewer utility • .NET API Viewer Utility •
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    There is a bumper sticker that reads: "Drive a hybrid, I need your gas" and its stuck on a muscle car
    WANT!!
    If my post helped you, please rate it!

Languages: VB/ASP.NET 2005, C# 2008,VB6
    Databases: Oracle (knowledge not currently in use), DB2

FROM Customers
    WHERE We_Know_What_We_Want <> DB.Null
    SELECT *
    0 rows returned

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    Soon young Skywalker,... soon...

You know whats BBBBBBSSSS!!!

VBForums noobs. Now I can understand about not knowing how to put up code tags and all, but when it comes to laying out your problem, I don't care how new you are to the forums or what age, you should know by now how to spell and type, and at least know better grammar. Unless you're from some foreign country. Some thread titles are hilarious when it comes to new people majority of the time, and a lot of times sad. Like for example, how many times have you saw people say "Help", or "Heeeeelp", or "need help", or "new to vb". That is the most vague thread titles in existence. I mean isn't it wiser to have the thread title be the problem itself so those who can help you that actually know how to solve that specific problem enter your thread to help you? And common sense to newbies is pretty much tossed out the window. They'll say the weirdest thing like "Hello, I'm writing a game using a Timer but stuck. Gimme code, thanks." What's even funnier is when the forums are treated like an email system. "Dear vbforums, yada yada yada, thanks" in every single post. I remember quite a few people doing that back then. So next time new people, for your sake and for our sake, do us a favor and be a little more specific so we can help you. Otherwise your thread will just be left in the gutter. I'm the BS man. And I say that's BS.

Flea Market Video Game Vendors. Why on earth do they find it necessary to use a permanent black magic marker on the games or put a sticker on the label? Didn't it ever occur to them that some people actually collect these games? I personally collect NES games and find it a royal pain in the rear to clean them off. 70&#37; rubbing alcohol doesn't even help much and takes forever. It took me literally 3 hours and 50 Q-Tips to clean that off. And that's just on one game! Sometimes cologne helps and works even better. And as for the stickers, it leaves a sticky residue on the label which I can't clean off at all sometimes. I can only do so much with the label as it tends to tear if I try too hard. What's even more crazy is on CD games. They use magic marker on them too! So if you ever plan on selling games, do us a favor and don't use magic marker on em and don't put stickers on the labels.

If 70&#37; doesn't help, try 70 proof! That might work. The trick is to pour 70 proof down your throat. With enough of it in your body, you won't care about the silly permanent marker label on the game cartridge.
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'

Maybe that vodka I got stuffed away should do that permanent marker in

If I drink enough of it I wont see it no more =O

Maybe that vodka I got stuffed away should do that permanent marker in

If I drink enough of it I wont see it no more =O
    My sentiments, exactly!

You know was BEEEEEEEE ESSS,

Ads on the internet. I really hate em. I go on youtube, cinemassacre, thatguywiththeglasses, and they play ads before the video even starts and sometimes even after the video has ended! Thats BS! I don't wanna watch the ads, I wanna watch the damn video! Oh and if you goto southparkstudios or hulu, or mtv, your screwed cause they play 2 or 3 ads consecutively in between the show you are watching 3-4 times throughout the show. Popups are annoying too. Firefox thankfully has prevented such things on some occasions but somehow people find ways to bypass it and do it anyways. They are annoying don't do that! Seriously. What's worse is some sites that have an annoying animated window pop out of nowhere and makes it hard to find the [x]Close button when all you are trying to do is read an article. Why annoy the people visiting your site? And the motherload of all the BS is ads...with sound! I remember back in highschool I was simply visiting a website on a mac with no way to control the volumn in a quiet library and out of nowhere I get a popup and Hanson, yes Hanson, playing Dew whop dew bah dee dew wah as loud as it can play in front of everybody. Some kid in the background said "Ohhhh yeah. you're really cool now" in a very sarcastic retarded manner. It was embarassing. Oh and sites where you are trying to simply watch a video, why the hell do they play ads with sound while you are doing that? It's annoying hearing two videos at once. What were they thinking!!! Im the BS man, and I say that's BS.

Some kid in the background said "Ohhhh yeah. you're really cool now" in a very sarcastic retarded manner.
    Well, at the very least, it sounds like that kid nailed his entrance, which isn't something you hear every day. Good comment and good timing.

I agree with the sounds. That crazy ad on VBF for speech synthesis caught me a few times in the monastic silence of work. As if anybody was going to type in anything serious....

I have wondered, at times, about the ad model of the internet. A whole lot of information...and disinformation....is supported by ad dollars. Thinking back on it, there have been ads that have made me aware of the existence of things that I hadn't known about, and some may have led to purchases. However, I don't remember ever finding anything of use in a popup, nor in the vast majority of ads of any sort. Of course, the point is that the cost is near zero, so if even one in ten thousand makes a purchase as a result of the ad, you have still come out ahead as long as many thousands see the ad.

You know was BEEEEEEEE ESSS,

Ads on the internet. I really hate em. I go on youtube, cinemassacre, thatguywiththeglasses, and they play ads before the video even starts and sometimes even after the video has ended! Thats BS! I don't wanna watch the ads, I wanna watch the damn video! Oh and if you goto southparkstudios or hulu, or mtv, your screwed cause they play 2 or 3 ads consecutively in between the show you are watching 3-4 times throughout the show. Popups are annoying too. Firefox thankfully has prevented such things on some occasions but somehow people find ways to bypass it and do it anyways. They are annoying don't do that! Seriously. What's worse is some sites that have an annoying animated window pop out of nowhere and makes it hard to find the [x]Close button when all you are trying to do is read an article. Why annoy the people visiting your site? And the mother load of all the BS is ads...with sound! I remember back in high school I was simply visiting a website on a mac with no way to control the volume in a quiet library and out of nowhere I get a popup and Hanson, yes Hanson, playing Dew whop dew bah dee dew wah as loud as it can play in front of everybody. Some kid in the background said "Ohhhh yeah. you're really cool now" in a very sarcastic retarded manner. It was embarrassing. Oh and sites where you are trying to simply watch a video, why the hell do they play ads with sound while you are doing that? It's annoying hearing two videos at once. What were they thinking!!! I'm the BS man, and I say that's BS.
    You know what's BS! You not having figured out the ad-blocker option in your browser.

Speaking of ads. I won cause I'm the 1000000th visitor? If I have, I was the 1000000th visitor a million times. I won a free iPad2? All I do is win a free iPad. Total BS.

Talking Re: You Know Whats BS Thread

Speaking of ads. I won cause I'm the 1000000th visitor? If I have, I was the 1000000th visitor a million times. I won a free iPad2? All I do is win a free iPad. Total BS.
    When I was new on the webs, I used to fill up every survey and give my neighbor's address and name. One day he received a free Mercedes Benz in the mail.

I know what is BS. Me. I am BS

BlindSniper

Useful CodeBank Entries of mine
    Expand Function
    Code Compiler
    Sudoku Solver
    HotKeyHandler Class

Read this to get Effective help on VBForums
    Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast