dcsimg

Thread: Multiple Monitors - detect and save configuration

Multiple Monitors - detect and save configuration

Hi all,

New to these forums but have been a lurker for a while. I searched through some "multiple monitors" threads but didn't find anything that fit my current issue, so I figured I'd pose it in a new thread.

We have users with 4 monitor setups that are very particular about their screen settings. When we have to replace a PC for whatever reason, it is always a hassle getting their screen configurations the way they were prior to the switch. Is it possible to create a small VB app that will scan their current configuration, save a "settings" file, and re-apply the settings on the new PC?

What I mean by configuration is screen resolution, setting the primary monitor, etc. Theoretically this sounds like it can be done, but I wanted some opinions on it.

Thanks!

Re: Multiple Monitors - detect and save configuration

This should help get you started.
    Code:
    For Each screen As System.Windows.Forms.Screen In System.Windows.Forms.Screen.AllScreens
        'resolution
        Debug.WriteLine(screen.Bounds.Width)
        Debug.WriteLine(screen.Bounds.Height)
        'is primary
        Debug.WriteLine(screen.Primary)
    Next
    That is the very essence of human beings and our very unique capability to perform complex reasoning and actually use our perception to further our understanding of things. We like to solve problems. -Kleinma

Does your code in post #46 look like my code in #45? No, it doesn't. Therefore, wrong is how it looks. - jmcilhinney