Thread: Does any one know of any good flat-file cms's?

Hyperactive Member

Does any one know of any good flat-file cms's?

Does any one know of any good flat-file cms's, one with a basic front-end login would be best.

I've used SkyBlueCanvas previously and im just tryin razorCMS, but none have a front-end login.

Thanks Chris1990.
    If your question is answered then mark your thread RESOLVED and give credit to whoever answered it.

If you fail, try and try again, its the only way to success.

Re: Does any one know of any good flat-file cms's?

I just did quick search and found this: http://honourchick.com/blog/top_10_flatfile_cms

Can you tell me what is a "flat-file" CMS is ?

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Hyperactive Member

A flat file cms uses files to store data rather than a MYSQL database.
    If your question is answered then mark your thread RESOLVED and give credit to whoever answered it.

Quote Originally Posted by chris1990 View Post
    Thanks for the info

But I think, it would be a good choice to use the ones with db as backend, unless you have a particular reason to choose the flat-file approach.

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by chris1990 View Post
    wouldn't that pose a serious security risk? i mean any bot could crawl the page and eventually find the files containing passwords/usernames...

Maybe... if it's put in the right location outside of the site's root folder, it's generally safe... that's where I put database access info files when I can.

chris - generally speaking, flat-file systems aren't going to have a user type of system... that's how they can get away with flat files. they don't need the data integrity associated with databases.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Hyperactive Member

Thanks for the replys.

I like flat-file cms's because they're easy to understand and edit, and i dont know much php or have much need for the more powerful cms's like joomla or drupal at the moment. It would of been nice to have a front-end login / members area though.