Thread: Godaddy vs Hostgator for shared web hosting plan?

Frenzied Member

Godaddy vs Hostgator for shared web hosting plan?

What do you think is better for a shared web hosting plan, Godaddy or Hostgator? Reasons?

I have been using Godaddy for a while but Hostgator seems much cheaper however there must be a reason.

Re: Godaddy vs Hostgator for shared web hosting plan?

I think, HostGator is cheap as well as provide great resources. You could get a "Basic" plan with almost everything unlimited. The only thing they limit is the CPU usage, which is restricted to about 25% I think. And I think, their customer support is excellent. I have been thinking about getting an account with them since my current host is a bad one(manashosting.com). But didn't got a chance to make the payment as I'm not able to pay by PayPal because of some new rules & regulations(we can't make/send payment from our PayPal balance. Instead we have to use Credit Card for making the payment ! )

So, once I get everything ok, I'll be getting an account with them. I have talked to the support team prior to this for several times and I'm much satisfied with their(HostGator's) responses.

If you are going to buy a plan from them, you would get 20% discount. Or, you can get a 1 cent coupon for your first month(ie. pay 1 cent for the first month. You have to ask about this coupon when you chat with the customer care executive)

And my bro have an account with Snoork hosting. They are also good and provide great support.

You can have a look at this review site: http://www.webhostingreviews.com/index.htm

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...