20130521 - i00 Spell Check and Control Extensions -No Third Party Components Required - Page 5-VBForums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 161 to 200 of 222

Thread: 20130521 - i00 Spell Check and Control Extensions -No Third Party Components Required

  1. #161
    Addicted Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    152

    Re: 20120625 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Quote Originally Posted by i00 View Post
    Indexing like this is a good idea... I will put this in my todo list for the next update... will probably be about a week away... the only issue with this is that the dictionary would have to be kept in order ... but no biggie

    Thanks for the suggestion btw
    Kris
    You are welcome.

    One more performance enhancing suggestion, it looks like you are rebuilding the array for every word that you spell check. If you could make it preload one time and only reload when the dictionary is changed, that should further reduce the processing needed to complete the spell check. That may require the end user to instantiate the object on their main form load but I think the performance gain of not having to re-parse the dictionary for every word would be well worth it.

    Oh another option to index and make it easier to properly place new entries would be to just use a separate array for each letter. When you add a new word, add it to the end of the appropriate letter array and then dump the arrays to the dic file in the correct order. and you never get a word in the wrong spot. This might be too much trouble though.
    Last edited by Maverickz; Aug 23rd, 2012 at 10:56 PM.

  2. #162

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member i00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1/2 way accross the galaxy.. and then some
    Posts
    1,762

    Re: 20120625 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    You are welcome.

    REF 1: One more performance enhancing suggestion, it looks like you are rebuilding the array for every word that you spell check. If you could make it preload one time and only reload when the dictionary is changed, that should further reduce the processing needed to complete the spell check. That may require the end user to instantiate the object on their main form load but I think the performance gain of not having to re-parse the dictionary for every word would be well worth it.

    REF 2: Oh another option to index and make it easier to properly place new entries would be to just use a separate array for each letter. REF 3: When you add a new word, add it to the end of the appropriate letter array and then dump the arrays to the dic file in the correct order. and you never get a word in the wrong spot. This might be too much trouble though.
    REF 1: Yes it does do that as it was faster than using the dictionary directly ... but as you said i could just use toarray 1 time and store that for the use on each word...

    REF 2: Well the order of the dic probably doesn't matter ... as i could load it from the file and order it there ... when it saves back it would be in order... I was thinking of doing it this way before... as for adding words to it ... well i am going to have a second user dictionary in the next release... plan to anyway so REF 3 will prob be different to your suggestion anyway...

    Thanks,
    Kris

  3. #163
    Addicted Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    152

    Re: 20120625 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Quote Originally Posted by i00 View Post
    REF 1: Yes it does do that as it was faster than using the dictionary directly ... but as you said i could just use toarray 1 time and store that for the use on each word...

    REF 2: Well the order of the dic probably doesn't matter ... as i could load it from the file and order it there ... when it saves back it would be in order... I was thinking of doing it this way before... as for adding words to it ... well i am going to have a second user dictionary in the next release... plan to anyway so REF 3 will prob be different to your suggestion anyway...

    Thanks,
    Kris
    Awesome!

    Since the current version is basically parsing the whole dictionary twice for every word, I think that preloading the dictionary alone will cut processing time close to in half since it removes one full parse per word. Then the indexing should cut the actual comparisons by close to 1/26 of the current time of the second parse. With those two enhancements speed should go from 12 seconds down to sub second spell checks even on my old hardware.

    I can't wait to try out the next version. Thanks so much for all of your efforts.

  4. #164

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member i00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1/2 way accross the galaxy.. and then some
    Posts
    1,762

    Re: 20120625 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Going .ToArray on my test it took 3187ms... without it, it took 3156ms...

    Removing it could also lead to other problems too and can actually slow it down... eg i would have to synclock the dictionary file when looping through it (so if a word is added it won't stuff up for eg), thus when it is spell checking multiple textboxes at the same time it would actually slow it down.

    I will do the 1st letter indexing though, right after I do the user dictionary...
    Regards,
    Kris

  5. #165

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member i00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1/2 way accross the galaxy.. and then some
    Posts
    1,762

    Re: 20120625 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    OK ... I have indexed the first letters and the improvement on my test is down from 3156ms to 250ms ... thats over 12.5 times faster!

    Since the dictionary has to be indexed it takes slightly longer to load though... about 400ms longer on my pc.

    Will get the user dictionary finished and post an update soon

    Kris

  6. #166
    Addicted Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    152

    Re: 20120625 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Yeah I figured it would be a dramatic increase in speed. I also sent you a PM with another idea.

  7. #167

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member i00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1/2 way accross the galaxy.. and then some
    Posts
    1,762

    Re: 20120102 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Ok ... next version is out ... now with a user dictionary, indexed dictionary (for greater speed), and speech recognition (tap F12 2x on a text box)!

    Thanks, feedback is appreciated,
    Kris

  8. #168
    Addicted Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    152

    Re: 20120903 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Amazingly fast now. Thanks!

  9. #169

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member i00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1/2 way accross the galaxy.. and then some
    Posts
    1,762

    Re: 20120903 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    Amazingly fast now. Thanks!
    No probs, if you have any other suggestions feel free to let me know

    Kris

  10. #170

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member i00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1/2 way accross the galaxy.. and then some
    Posts
    1,762

    Re: 20120907 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Just released the version 20120907.

    Kris

  11. #171
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1

    Re: i00 .Net Spell Check - No 3rd party components required!

    I am using i00 Spell check in my project.
    Thank you!

  12. #172
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Byron, Illinois
    Posts
    9

    Re: i00 .Net Spell Check - No 3rd party components required!

    Kris,

    I finally had time to download the latest version. Your latest release did fix the "Cannot access a disposed object" error that I was getting. However, I am still getting the effect with the wavy lines being drawn over top of forms dragged over the other in the MDI app even after I set it to compatible rendering. Any suggestions? Thanks for your attentiveness.

  13. #173
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Byron, Illinois
    Posts
    9

    Re: 20120907 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Kris,

    Here is an update from yesterday's post. I have been doing more testing on an MDI frames test application that I built and the SpellCheck can work great with MDI frames under two cases I have tested. Setting the compatible rendering to True DOES INDEED WORK, though there is the slight blinking you mentioned which is still very acceptable. My previous post about compatible rendering can be ignored, because that does work for a standard MDI app.
    The other thing that I tried is on the Activated and Deactivate events on my MDI Child form. I turn the Spell Checking on and off for the form, and this works acceptably as well if you don't mind seeing the spell check markup disappear on all child windows that aren't active.

    This is a great utility!

    However... my MDI frames app isn't totally normal. This is not your fault. It is our application. We are not using standard text boxes and rich text boxes in our app. We are using "extended" text boxes which include features that we use specific to our app. The EnableSpellCheck grabs a hold of our "enhanced" text box just fine. However, the DisableSpellCheck doesn't seem to want to let our "enhanced" text box go so the spell check markup remains drawn over top of new child windows that are opened. Once again, this is not a problem with your code (which is a fun read), it is on our end and I am looking into what might be causing the issue.

    One question I have knowing that you are placing a drawing object over the text box in order to facilitate the spelling error markup. Is it currently possible to programmatically reference and hide these drawing objects for any particular text box or the form as a whole? Perhaps I can just hide the drawing objects temporarily when a child window is not active and then display them again when the child form is active again. I have just started looking more through your code and might find the answer or how to do it myself, but you have been very helpful.

    Thanks.

  14. #174
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Byron, Illinois
    Posts
    9

    Re: 20120907 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Another Update!! We're getting closer! Because our "enhanced" text boxes are just an extension of the standard windows control, by referencing the TextBox control inside of our custom text box, the SpellCheck seems to work just fine. I'll keep you informed, but it is looking promising!

  15. #175
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Byron, Illinois
    Posts
    9

    Re: 20120907 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    With some adjustments to my code it appears that very soon I will be able to post the words "I am using i00SpellCheck in my project". It has been working very well.

    However, I just ran into an error that occurred when checking a Rich Text box with bullets.

    When I right clicked on the word "immediately" preceded by a bullet and marked as incorrect by Spell Check I received the following exception error:

    Name:  SpellCheckError.JPG
Views: 377
Size:  60.2 KB

    There is more to the error, but here are some of the details:

    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: outer
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.Join[TOuter,TInner,TKey,TResult](IEnumerable`1 outer, IEnumerable`1 inner, Func`2 outerKeySelector, Func`2 innerKeySelector, Func`3 resultSelector)
    at i00SpellCheck.UserDictionaryBase.SpellCheckSuggestions(String Word) in C:\Users\RobertF\Desktop\SpellCheck\i00SpellCheck\Spell Check\Engine\Dictionary\Base Ext\UserDictionary\UserDictionaryBase.vb:line 75
    at i00SpellCheck.Menu.AddSpellItemsToMenu.AddItems(String Word, Dictionary Dictionary, Definitions DefinitionSet, Synonyms Synonyms, SpellCheckSettings Settings) in C:\Users\RobertF\Desktop\SpellCheck\i00SpellCheck\Spell Check\Engine\Menu.vb:line 297
    at i00SpellCheck.SpellCheckTextBox.ContextMenuStrip_Opening(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e) in C:\Users\RobertF\Desktop\SpellCheck\i00SpellCheck\Spell Check\Controls\TextBox\Menu.vb:line 371
    at System.ComponentModel.CancelEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)


    I don't believe my users will be putting in too many bulleted items in the rich text field, but it is something that I might need to address before implementing the SpellCheck.

    I'm still loving it, though. Thanks!!

  16. #176
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Byron, Illinois
    Posts
    9

    Re: 20120907 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    For whatever reason when pasting text from Word or Outlook that includes bulleted or numbered lists, the tab between the bullet and the list wasn't being replaced with a space in code processing. I am not very familiar with the .NET regular expressions implementation, but by just adding the following line to last part of processing in the RemoveWordBreaks function in Formatting.vb, I was able to fix my problem.

    Text = Text.Replace(vbTab, " ")

    It appears that the Regex processing is checking for tabs, but wasn't removing it from a bulleted list. Rather than mess with the Regex, I did a simple replace which works acceptably for me and solved the problem.

    Pasting from other apps seems to give some interesting results (it isn't something that I believe will happen often in my app), but this utility is still very good.

  17. #177

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member i00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1/2 way accross the galaxy.. and then some
    Posts
    1,762

    Re: 20120907 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Quote Originally Posted by rfreedlund View Post
    With some adjustments to my code it appears that very soon I will be able to post the words "I am using i00SpellCheck in my project". It has been working very well.

    However, I just ran into an error that occurred when checking a Rich Text box with bullets.

    When I right clicked on the word "immediately" preceded by a bullet and marked as incorrect by Spell Check I received the following exception error:

    Name:  SpellCheckError.JPG
Views: 377
Size:  60.2 KB

    There is more to the error, but here are some of the details:

    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: outer
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.Join[TOuter,TInner,TKey,TResult](IEnumerable`1 outer, IEnumerable`1 inner, Func`2 outerKeySelector, Func`2 innerKeySelector, Func`3 resultSelector)
    at i00SpellCheck.UserDictionaryBase.SpellCheckSuggestions(String Word) in C:\Users\RobertF\Desktop\SpellCheck\i00SpellCheck\Spell Check\Engine\Dictionary\Base Ext\UserDictionary\UserDictionaryBase.vb:line 75
    at i00SpellCheck.Menu.AddSpellItemsToMenu.AddItems(String Word, Dictionary Dictionary, Definitions DefinitionSet, Synonyms Synonyms, SpellCheckSettings Settings) in C:\Users\RobertF\Desktop\SpellCheck\i00SpellCheck\Spell Check\Engine\Menu.vb:line 297
    at i00SpellCheck.SpellCheckTextBox.ContextMenuStrip_Opening(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e) in C:\Users\RobertF\Desktop\SpellCheck\i00SpellCheck\Spell Check\Controls\TextBox\Menu.vb:line 371
    at System.ComponentModel.CancelEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)


    I don't believe my users will be putting in too many bulleted items in the rich text field, but it is something that I might need to address before implementing the SpellCheck.

    I'm still loving it, though. Thanks!!
    I actually found this issue yesterday ... the error is in i00SpellCheck\Spell Check\Engine\Dictionary\Flat File\FlatFileSpellCheck.vb

    you need to change the bit that goes:

    vb Code:
    1. 'add words that start with that letter only
    2. Dim DicWords As List(Of String) = IndexedDictionary.Item(Word)
    3. If DicWords Is Nothing Then Return Nothing

    to:

    Code:
    'add words that start with that letter only
    Dim DicWords As List(Of String) = IndexedDictionary.Item(Word)
    If DicWords Is Nothing Then Return New List(Of SpellCheckSuggestionInfo)
    Will post an update later that fixes this issue

    Regards,
    Kris

  18. #178

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member i00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1/2 way accross the galaxy.. and then some
    Posts
    1,762

    Re: 20120914 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    20120914 is out ... Version changes can be found here

    Kris

  19. #179
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pretoria, RSA
    Posts
    12

    Re: 20120914 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    I am using i00 Spell check in my project

  20. #180
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pretoria, RSA
    Posts
    12

    Re: 20120914 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Just a quick question. I'm using VS 2010 and when i use me.enablespellcheck() it doesn't work. When I enable the spell check for each and every textbox then it works. Is there something I can do so that I only have to add one line of code to all my forms?

    Still a great product. I've been looking for this for a long time.

  21. #181
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Byron, Illinois
    Posts
    9

    Re: 20120914 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Kris,

    Thanks for the last update, it does keep the SpellCheck from throwing an exception.

    However, the tabs still aren't being parsed out properly in the case I mentioned previously. The word Immediately (and others) is still being underlined as misspelled (with the preceding bullet followed) . I implemented the change again in the Formatting.vb code to replace tabs with spaces and it worked.

    Thanks again for your great utility.

  22. #182
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Byron, Illinois
    Posts
    9

    Re: 20120914 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    I am using i00 Spell check in my project!

  23. #183

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member i00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1/2 way accross the galaxy.. and then some
    Posts
    1,762

    Re: 20120914 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Quote Originally Posted by Martz View Post
    Just a quick question. I'm using VS 2010 and when i use me.enablespellcheck() it doesn't work. When I enable the spell check for each and every textbox then it works. Is there something I can do so that I only have to add one line of code to all my forms?

    Still a great product. I've been looking for this for a long time.
    Hrm ... my advice would be to create a new project ... run through the steps ... and see if you can get it working in that.

    I have got it working with 2012, but do not have 2010 to test with.

    Are you doing anything "special"? Can you provide code?

    Thanks
    Kris

  24. #184

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member i00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1/2 way accross the galaxy.. and then some
    Posts
    1,762

    Re: 20120914 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Quote Originally Posted by rfreedlund View Post
    Kris,

    Thanks for the last update, it does keep the SpellCheck from throwing an exception.

    However, the tabs still aren't being parsed out properly in the case I mentioned previously. The word Immediately (and others) is still being underlined as misspelled (with the preceding bullet followed) . I implemented the change again in the Formatting.vb code to replace tabs with spaces and it worked.

    Thanks again for your great utility.
    Hrm ... I'll have a look at this, I also just released another version that should be faster and has a few bug fixes.

    Kris

  25. #185

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member i00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1/2 way accross the galaxy.. and then some
    Posts
    1,762

    Re: 20121102 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Just released 20121102 ... Version changes can be found here

    ... now features karaoke for text to speech (not as tacky as it sounds)!

    Kris

  26. #186
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2

    Re: i00 .Net Spell Check - No 3rd party components required!

    I may be dumb, but I am missing something on this. Is there a way to add this to a custom control and then get the same functionality to carry up in the process? I have this added on a custom control and it works perfectly. If I put the custom control into a new form, I cannot the functionality to work inside of that custom control that is displayed. Is there an easy way to get that part to work? I have tried i00SpellCheck added to both at this time. In just the custom control, it is awesome. I would just like it to work outside of the custom control right now. Any ideas? I apologize if this is really easy. I could not see an easy way to do it.

  27. #187

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member i00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1/2 way accross the galaxy.. and then some
    Posts
    1,762

    Re: i00 .Net Spell Check - No 3rd party components required!

    Quote Originally Posted by b01000100 View Post
    I may be dumb, but I am missing something on this. Is there a way to add this to a custom control and then get the same functionality to carry up in the process? I have this added on a custom control and it works perfectly. If I put the custom control into a new form, I cannot the functionality to work inside of that custom control that is displayed. Is there an easy way to get that part to work? I have tried i00SpellCheck added to both at this time. In just the custom control, it is awesome. I would just like it to work outside of the custom control right now. Any ideas? I apologize if this is really easy. I could not see an easy way to do it.
    It should work... For the second form to be spellchecked it must be owned by a form that also has the spell check enabled on it...

    Are other text controls on the 2nd form (where your custom control is that isn't working with the spell check) working with the spell check?

    Kris

  28. #188
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2

    Re: i00 .Net Spell Check - No 3rd party components required!

    Quote Originally Posted by i00 View Post
    It should work... For the second form to be spellchecked it must be owned by a form that also has the spell check enabled on it...

    Are other text controls on the 2nd form (where your custom control is that isn't working with the spell check) working with the spell check?

    Kris
    Hmm, it would seem as if something is not being done correctly on my end. On my custom control (includes an RTB, a menu, and a few buttons), I have a reference to i00SpellCheck.exe, I have Imports i00SpellCheck at the top of my code, and I have Me.EnableSpellCheck() in the Load event of the custom control. There are no other references made to i00SpellCheck. If I run that project and get the temporary window for the custom control, i00SpellCheck is a beast. The moment I spell a word incorrectly, I get the little red squiggly line. The menu functionality works perfectly. It all works as expected.

    So, I created a brand new project. I put a multiline text box on it, an RTB on it, and I dropped my custom control on it. I have a reference to i00SpellCheck.exe, I have Imports i00SpellCheck at the top of my code, and I have Me.EnableSpellCheck() in the Load event of the new project's form. I start the project, but the spell checking stuff just does not work on any of the controls. I put the two projects side-by-side to see if I was missing something, but everything appears to be exactly the same between them.

    Any ideas from all of that? I appreciate the help. I have tried all kinds of things , but with no success.

  29. #189
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2

    Re: 20121102 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    I am using this in a project.

    I ran into a strange issue... This works just fine when I run it from Visual Studio 2010 but when I deploy as a ClickOnce application it installs without issue but there is no spell check. No errors or anything it just doesn't work.

    I thought maybe it had to do with including two additional projects (i00BindingList and i00SpellCheck) in my solution but from what I can tell I've done it correctly.

    Any ideas?

  30. #190

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member i00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1/2 way accross the galaxy.. and then some
    Posts
    1,762

    Re: i00 .Net Spell Check - No 3rd party components required!

    Quote Originally Posted by b01000100 View Post
    Hmm, it would seem as if something is not being done correctly on my end. On my custom control (includes an RTB, a menu, and a few buttons), I have a reference to i00SpellCheck.exe, I have Imports i00SpellCheck at the top of my code, and I have Me.EnableSpellCheck() in the Load event of the custom control. There are no other references made to i00SpellCheck. If I run that project and get the temporary window for the custom control, i00SpellCheck is a beast. The moment I spell a word incorrectly, I get the little red squiggly line. The menu functionality works perfectly. It all works as expected.

    So, I created a brand new project. I put a multiline text box on it, an RTB on it, and I dropped my custom control on it. I have a reference to i00SpellCheck.exe, I have Imports i00SpellCheck at the top of my code, and I have Me.EnableSpellCheck() in the Load event of the new project's form. I start the project, but the spell checking stuff just does not work on any of the controls. I put the two projects side-by-side to see if I was missing something, but everything appears to be exactly the same between them.

    Any ideas from all of that? I appreciate the help. I have tried all kinds of things , but with no success.
    Can you send me the "brand new" project that you created that doesn't work?

    Thanks,
    Kris

  31. #191

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member i00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1/2 way accross the galaxy.. and then some
    Posts
    1,762

    Re: 20121102 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Quote Originally Posted by jesseFromSD View Post
    I am using this in a project.

    I ran into a strange issue... This works just fine when I run it from Visual Studio 2010 but when I deploy as a ClickOnce application it installs without issue but there is no spell check. No errors or anything it just doesn't work.

    I thought maybe it had to do with including two additional projects (i00BindingList and i00SpellCheck) in my solution but from what I can tell I've done it correctly.

    Any ideas?
    This has been brought up before, unfortunately I have never used click once though so won't be much help. I have suggested that it may be a referenced project is missing in the past, are all of the files there when you deploy?

    Also how have you put them in your project, is i00 Spell Check just referenced, if it is try referencing i00 Binding List from your project also?
    You may also have more luck if you actually add the i00 Spell Check and i00 Binding List projects to your solution.

    Let me know how you go,
    Thanks,
    Kris

  32. #192
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2

    Re: 20121102 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Quote Originally Posted by i00 View Post
    This has been brought up before, unfortunately I have never used click once though so won't be much help. I have suggested that it may be a referenced project is missing in the past, are all of the files there when you deploy?

    Also how have you put them in your project, is i00 Spell Check just referenced, if it is try referencing i00 Binding List from your project also?
    You may also have more luck if you actually add the i00 Spell Check and i00 Binding List projects to your solution.

    Let me know how you go,
    Thanks,
    Kris
    The EXEs for i00BindingList and i00SpellCheck are both in the deployed files. I put both of the projects in my solution and also added the reference to i00BindingList to the project. Unfortunately it's the same problem. Works from VS but not when deployed.

    I'll keep playing around and report back if I get it figured out. Thanks for the reply!

  33. #193

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member i00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1/2 way accross the galaxy.. and then some
    Posts
    1,762

    Re: 20121102 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Quote Originally Posted by jesseFromSD View Post
    The EXEs for i00BindingList and i00SpellCheck are both in the deployed files. I put both of the projects in my solution and also added the reference to i00BindingList to the project. Unfortunately it's the same problem. Works from VS but not when deployed.

    I'll keep playing around and report back if I get it figured out. Thanks for the reply!
    Thanks, hope you do find out what is going on so you can inform me.

    Thanks again,
    Kris

  34. #194
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3

    Re: 20121102 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Hi there - I'm trying to update to the latest version, but am getting the following error message when I click on the download link here and at CodeProject:
    Code:
    Server Error in '/Downloader' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".
    I also noted a bug in the previous version, if I minimize a form with an RTF control containing a red underlined spelling mistake, the application crashes with the following error:
    Code:
    System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid. at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height, PixelFormat format) at i00SpellCheck.SpellCheckTextBox.CustomPaint() at i00SpellCheck.SpellCheckTextBox.RepaintControl() at i00SpellCheck.SpellCheckTextBox.parentTextBox_ForOverlay_SizeChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    Otherwise, a superb piece of code, looking forward to seeing the latest version!

    Kind regards,
    John.

  35. #195

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member i00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1/2 way accross the galaxy.. and then some
    Posts
    1,762

    Re: 20121102 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Quote Originally Posted by Finbarr View Post
    Hi there - I'm trying to update to the latest version, but am getting the following error message when I click on the download link here and at CodeProject:
    Code:
    Server Error in '/Downloader' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".
    I also noted a bug in the previous version, if I minimize a form with an RTF control containing a red underlined spelling mistake, the application crashes with the following error:
    Code:
    System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid. at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height, PixelFormat format) at i00SpellCheck.SpellCheckTextBox.CustomPaint() at i00SpellCheck.SpellCheckTextBox.RepaintControl() at i00SpellCheck.SpellCheckTextBox.parentTextBox_ForOverlay_SizeChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    Otherwise, a superb piece of code, looking forward to seeing the latest version!

    Kind regards,
    John.
    The bug has been fixed with the minimizing of an RTF form I think in the new version... Also downloads should be up now... a Microsoft update stuffed my server.

    Regards,
    Kris

  36. #196

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member i00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1/2 way accross the galaxy.. and then some
    Posts
    1,762

    Re: 20121102 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    20130114 is out! ... for version changes click here.

    Kris

  37. #197
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3

    Re: 20121102 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Kris,
    Just to let you know - I d/l a copy of the new code (1102) and all the issues I saw were fixed.

    I'll d/l this latest release to see what's new!

    Kind regards,
    John.

  38. #198
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4

    Re: 20120609 - i00 .Net Spell Check - Code Project prize winner!

    Quote Originally Posted by i00 View Post
    Hrm ... not entirely sure ... but if you want to look into it...

    Check the LoadFromFile function for the dictionary ....

    My.Computer.FileSystem.ReadAllText(Filename) seems to load the file incorrectly ... I also tried a streamreader.readtoend... but it had the same result ... let me know if you figure out a way ... till then i will put this on the back burner...

    Also you will prob need to change the save function also ... since it uses writealltext... so imagine it would save the file like that even if you get the loading working...

    Kris
    I can look this, because I fluently work with Cyrillic symbols. But I have some problems First I'am C# programmer. It's not a big problem, I understand your code mostly. Second - I want to ask you where you got .syn and .def files for english? I got OpenOffice ru dictionary, but there are only two files: aff and dic. And dic format differ from you. Added /J /H /O /E /G /LQU /AS ... keys. So if you say me how I can convert dictionary into your format I will help with solving this problem.
    Last edited by Adviser; Jan 18th, 2013 at 09:08 PM.

  39. #199
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4

    Re: 20130114 - i00 Spell Check and Control Extensions -No Third Party Components Requ

    I tried to use hunspell extension, like in your tests. It works fine with all three files: dic,af,dat. But only by F7.
    Looks like you filter keypress and block all non english characters on input. So if any non english char pressed it even not try to find suggested words (functions from hunspell not fired). Where did you filter keys, pressed in RichTextBox?

  40. #200
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4

    Re: 20130114 - i00 Spell Check and Control Extensions -No Third Party Components Requ

    Found a problem. Dictionary.Formatting.AllInCaps(). It incorrectly count char uppercase for non-english languages.

    Also found one more bug.

    private void ucMessageText_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    try
    {
    HunspellDictionary dic = new HunspellDictionary();
    dic.LoadFromFile(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory() + "\\Dicts\\ru_RU.dic");
    i00SpellCheck.Dictionary.DefaultDictionary = dic;
    HunspellSynonims synonims = new HunspellSynonims();
    synonims.File = Directory.GetCurrentDirectory() + "\\Dicts\\th_ru_RU.dat";
    i00SpellCheck.Synonyms.DefaultSynonyms = synonims;

    //If you wanted to pass in options you can do so by handling the ControlExtensionAdding event PRIOR to calling EnableControlExtensions:
    ControlExtensions.ControlExtensionAdding += ControlExtensionAdding;

    rtb1.SpellCheck(true, null).Settings.IgnoreWordsInUpperCase = false;
    rtb2.SpellCheck(true, null).Settings.IgnoreWordsInUpperCase = false;
    }
    catch (Exception ex)
    {
    Logger.Error(MethodBase.GetCurrentMethod(), ex);
    }
    this.EnableControlExtensions();

    }

    //This is used to setup spell check settings when the spell check extension is loaded:
    static i00SpellCheck.SpellCheckSettings SpellCheckSettings = null;//Static for settings to be shared amongst all controls, use "i00SpellCheck.SpellCheckSettings SpellCheckSettings = null;" in the method below for control specific settings...
    private void ControlExtensionAdding(object sender, i00SpellCheck.MiscControlExtension.ControlExtensionAddingEventArgs e)
    {
    var SpellCheckControlBase = e.Extension as SpellCheckControlBase;
    if (SpellCheckControlBase != null)
    {
    //i00SpellCheck.SpellCheckSettings SpellCheckSettings = null;
    if (SpellCheckSettings == null)
    {
    SpellCheckSettings = new i00SpellCheck.SpellCheckSettings();
    SpellCheckSettings.AllowAdditions = true; //Specifies if you want to allow the user to add words to the dictionary
    SpellCheckSettings.AllowIgnore = true; //Specifies if you want to allow the user ignore words
    SpellCheckSettings.AllowRemovals = false; //Specifies if you want to allow users to delete words from the dictionary
    SpellCheckSettings.AllowInMenuDefs = true; //Specifies if the in menu definitions should be shown for correctly spelled words
    SpellCheckSettings.AllowChangeTo = true; //Specifies if "Change to..." (to change to a synonym) should be shown in the menu for correctly spelled words
    }
    SpellCheckControlBase.Settings = SpellCheckSettings;
    }
    }

    If bolded settings enabled (so if we want to set different settings for controls) we receive Object reference not set to an instance of an object. exception on
    Private Sub extTextBoxContextMenu_MenuOpening
    If Settings.IgnoreWordOverride(extTextBoxContextMenu.MenuSpellClickReturn.Word) Then
    line. Underlined is null.

    It happens only if same one ContextMenuStrip linked to different RichTextBoxElements.
    Last edited by Adviser; Jan 19th, 2013 at 04:14 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Featured


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

Survey posted by VBForums.