dcsimg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Jobs Died

Steve Jobs Died

R.I.P.

Even as a Microsoft fanboy, can't deny the huge impact the guy had on the computing world.
    Using VS.NET 2013/.NET 2.0 through 4.5 * Please mark you thread resolved using the Thread Tools above
    PLEASE INDICATE WHAT VERSION OF VB YOU USE!!!!!!!!!!!
    * If you found a post useful then please Rate it! * DO NOT PM ME WITH LINKS TO YOUR THREADS FOR ANSWERS PLEASE!

Code Bank:Manipulate HTML Page content in the Web Browser Control from VB - Drag Drop from Windows into Win Form - Launch new default browser instance to open URL - Display Internet Image in Picturebox - Download Files From Web With Progress Bar - IP Textbox User Control - Installing .NET Framework with INNO Setup
    ZerosAndTheOne.com
    -=Matt=-

Re: Steve Jobs Died

This must have just happened, I have barely heard about it and it is already posted.

He had pancreatic cancer. Pretty nearly nobody survives that for long, and he lived longer than most with that disease. He was way too young, though.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

R.i.p.

https://twitter.com/#!/BillGates/sta...46029308678145

Twitter seems to be down at the moment...
    CSS layout comes in to the 21st century with flexbox!
    Just another Perl hacker,

A note from Bill Gates (link from the above twitter post if you can't read it)

http://www.thegatesnotes.com/Personal/Steve-Jobs

I didn't think the IPhone 4S was unusual.

IPhone for Steve if you miss my point.

Yes, jobs will be missed considering what he did for Apple.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

It's too young to die at 56. His impact in the industry was revolutionary though and he was indeed a genius, I can only hope Apple can continue on the right path. I really missed him at the Keynote, Tim Cook has a really big role to fill.

rest in peace

steve jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Icyculyr View Post
    It's too young to die at 56. His impact in the industry was revolutionary though and he was indeed a genius, I can only hope Apple can continue on the right path. I really missed him at the Keynote, Tim Cook has a really big role to fill.
    Steve was a he not an it!
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    Steve was a he not an it!
    I wasn't addressing him specifically. I just said, "It's too young to die at 56", for anyone.

Steve Jobs was probably the one who brought the 'i' to the forefront. While it's difficult to replace him, Apple will now find it difficult to maintain the same momentum. It will be interesting to see the path Apple takes now on.

It's too young an age to die at, I agree. But then, he did achieve a lot during his life and I hope he was content and happy for that. May his soul rest in peace.

I am not a complete idiot. Some parts are still missing.
    Check out the rtf-help tutorial
    General VB Faq Thread
    Change is the only constant thing. I have not changed my signature in a long while and now it has started to stink!
    Get more power for your floppy disks. ; View honeybee's Elite Club:
    Use meaningfull thread titles. And add "[Resolved]" in the thread title when you have got a satisfactory response.
    And if that response was mine, please think about giving me a rep. I like to collect them!

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Have they tried pushing his belly button in for ten seconds? He might restart.
    You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

is it too soon for jokes? what's the statute of limitations?

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Sitting in an empty room trying to forget the past

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    is it too soon for jokes? what's the statute of limitations?

-tg
    One would hope Steve is laughing!
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Fanatic Member

Steve was a brilliant businessman and a tremendous visionary. If you like or hate apple you just can't deny the impact that he had on the technology world since the first apple was unleashed on the public. Sad news to hear and almost unbelievable at that.

:21 1 mouse button click salute:

RIP Steve.
    Where I'm from we only have one bit of advice for new comers: "If you hear banjos, turn and run".

VS 2008 .NetFW 2.0

PowerPoster

Here's something to remember him by:

Steve Jobs Stanford Commencement Speech 2005
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1R-jKKp3NA

Good on him for staying in work for as long as he did.
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

Random VisualAd: Blog - Latest Post: When the Internet becomes Electricity!!

Spread happiness and joy. Rate good posts.

type Woss is new Grumpy; wossname's Avatar

Did he drop any good loot?

Quote Originally Posted by wossname View Post
    Did he drop any good loot?
    The next generation iPhone, of course. That's what all Apple people seem to drop.

Apple TV?

The i is all powerful. Steve probably made people say this before Tolkien.

General VB Faq Thread
    Change is the only constant thing. I have not changed my signature in a long while and now it has started to stink!
    Use meaningfull thread titles. And add "[Resolved]" in the thread title when you have got a satisfactory response.
    And if that response was mine, please think about giving me a rep. I like to collect them!

Rest in Peace in our Apple man..I am wondering what will happen to apple now..steve job is the best of all..two thumbs up in the air..

Combine this bad news with the troubles blackberry have been having there's a good chance both companys will head into serious difficulties. We could be facing an Apple and Blackberry Crumble.
    You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Combine this bad news with the troubles blackberry have been having there's a good chance both companys will head into serious difficulties. We could be facing an Apple and Blackberry Crumble.
    Blackberry is in trouble but I fail to see how Apple is going to encounter "serious difficulties". They have more money than god right now and enough momentum to carry them a hell of a long way.

Read it again. You'll catch up.

Steve's health has been failing for quite sometime... that's why he had stepped down earlier this year. While it's sad, it's not completely unexpected. It was anticipated to some extent, and there's things in place to ensure that Apple continues running. If I was worried about Apple stumbling or crumbling, I'd pull my money out of it... It's a strong company. It'll survive.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

<Sigh> I offer up the cream of my puns and you miss them. I don't reckon I'll be topping that one for a while either.

I got it, it just made me hungry, but let's not start a flame war, that would just result in Apple crisp.

So we shall see more companies trying to get a bigger share of the Apple pie ...

General VB Faq Thread

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
    So we shall see more companies trying to get a bigger share of the Apple pie ...

That was sweet. Almost too sweet...
    "Ok, my response to that is pending a Google search" - Bucky Katt.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Have they tried pushing his belly button in for ten seconds? He might restart.
    like the iphone

Turns out Steve was trying out Apple's newest product... iCroak...

-tg

Banned

well, he won't be in rush hour 4

He wasn't in the first three as well, was he? So what's your point?

General VB Faq Thread

Interestingly enough, I wasn't in the first three either. And I won't be in the fourth one either.

-tg

PowerPoster

There is supposed to be some sort of biography coming out, talking about how he wanted to crush Android and he knew he had a treatable cancer but wanted to pursue alternative remedies... until finally it was too late.

It's out today, on Kindle, iBooks and hardcover on Amazon (the actual cover is an optional accessory for $69), comes in black and white. Actually, there are some printing issues, the white one will come out in 6 months.

Sitting in an empty room trying to forget the past

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    Turns out Steve was trying out Apple's newest product... iCroak...

-tg
    That statute of limitations on jokes you mentioned earlier...it's up???
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    There is supposed to be some sort of biography coming out, talking about how he wanted to crush Android and he knew he had a treatable cancer but wanted to pursue alternative remedies... until finally it was too late.
    Didn't he die of pancreatic cancer? If that was the diagnosis, then 'treatable' is somewhat misleading, as the survival rate for 1 year is only about 25%, and 5 years it's nearly zero.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast