Thread: Trying to deploy a LightSwitch App

Lively Member

Angry Trying to deploy a LightSwitch App

I'm trying to deploy a LightSwitch App and it tells me my "targetFramework" attribute in my web.config file is wrong and it is saying 4.0 so I don't know what to do. Here is the error message. If you like, you can visit my site www.mentoraninmate.com and click on "Access EApps" to see the message as well.

Code:
    Server Error in '/Eapps' Application.

The value for the 'compilerVersion' attribute in the provider options must be 'v4.0' or later if you are compiling for version 4.0 or later of the .NET Framework. To compile this Web application for version 3.5 or earlier of the .NET Framework, remove the 'targetFramework' attribute from the <compilation> element of the Web.config file.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The value for the 'compilerVersion' attribute in the provider options must be 'v4.0' or later if you are compiling for version 4.0 or later of the .NET Framework. To compile this Web application for version 3.5 or earlier of the .NET Framework, remove the 'targetFramework' attribute from the <compilation> element of the Web.config file.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ConfigurationErrorsException: The value for the 'compilerVersion' attribute in the provider options must be 'v4.0' or later if you are compiling for version 4.0 or later of the .NET Framework. To compile this Web application for version 3.5 or earlier of the .NET Framework, remove the 'targetFramework' attribute from the <compilation> element of the Web.config file.]
    System.Web.Compilation.MultiTargetingUtil.ValidateCompilerVersionFor40AndAbove(String compilerVersion) +235
    System.Web.Compilation.MultiTargetingUtil.ValidateCompilerVersionFor40AndAbove() +139
    System.Web.Compilation.MultiTargetingUtil.InitializeTargetFrameworkName() +101
    System.Web.Compilation.MultiTargetingUtil.EnsureFrameworkNamesInitialized() +149
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.Initialize() +204
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InitializeBuildManager() +246
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.HostingInit(HostingEnvironmentFlags hostingFlags, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +350

[HttpException (0x80004005): The value for the 'compilerVersion' attribute in the provider options must be 'v4.0' or later if you are compiling for version 4.0 or later of the .NET Framework. To compile this Web application for version 3.5 or earlier of the .NET Framework, remove the 'targetFramework' attribute from the <compilation> element of the Web.config file.]
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9013676
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +97
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context

Fanatic Member

Re: Trying to deploy a LightSwitch App

Take a look if this helps:

http://www.aspspider.com/qa/Question4562.aspx

If the above link does not help, try creating a separate app pool and see if that fixes the issue.

Also, I could not access your application from the link you have posted. It throws an authentication error, which is good.

Lively Member

Angry Re: Trying to deploy a LightSwitch App

My web.config file has changed and those tags were not in it, here is what it looks like now:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <configuration>

<system.web>

<!--  DYNAMIC DEBUG COMPILATION
              Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging symbols (.pdb information)
              into the compiled page. Because this creates a larger file that executes
              more slowly, you should set this value to true only when debugging and to
              false at all other times. For more information, refer to the documentation about
              debugging ASP.NET files.
        -->
        <compilation defaultLanguage="vb" debug="true" />

<!--  CUSTOM ERROR MESSAGES
              Set customErrors mode="On" or "RemoteOnly" to enable custom error messages, "Off" to disable. 
              Add <error> tags for each of the errors you want to handle.

"On" Always display custom (friendly) messages.
              "Off" Always display detailed ASP.NET error information.
              "RemoteOnly" Display custom (friendly) messages only to users not running 
               on the local Web server. This setting is recommended for security purposes, so 
               that you do not display application detail information to remote clients.
        -->
        <customErrors mode="Off" />

<!--  AUTHENTICATION 
              This section sets the authentication policies of the application. Possible modes are "Windows", 
              "Forms", "Passport" and "None"

"None" No authentication is performed. 
              "Windows" IIS performs authentication (Basic, Digest, or Integrated Windows) according to 
               its settings for the application. Anonymous access must be disabled in IIS. 
              "Forms" You provide a custom form (Web page) for users to enter their credentials, and then 
               you authenticate them in your application. A user credential token is stored in a cookie.
              "Passport" Authentication is performed via a centralized authentication service provided
               by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile services for member sites.
        -->
        <authentication mode="Windows" /> 

<!--  AUTHORIZATION 
              This section sets the authorization policies of the application. You can allow or deny access
              to application resources by user or role. Wildcards: "*" mean everyone, "?" means anonymous 
              (unauthenticated) users.
        -->
        <authorization>
            <allow users="*" /> <!-- Allow all users -->

<!--  <allow     users="[comma separated list of users]"
                                 roles="[comma separated list of roles]"/>
                      <deny      users="[comma separated list of users]"
                                 roles="[comma separated list of roles]"/>
                -->
        </authorization>

<!--  APPLICATION-LEVEL TRACE LOGGING
              Application-level tracing enables trace log output for every page within an application. 
              Set trace enabled="true" to enable application trace logging.  If pageOutput="true", the
              trace information will be displayed at the bottom of each page.  Otherwise, you can view the 
              application trace log by browsing the "trace.axd" page from your web application
              root. 
        -->
        <trace enabled="false" requestLimit="10" pageOutput="false" traceMode="SortByTime" localOnly="true" />

<!--  SESSION STATE SETTINGS
              By default ASP.NET uses cookies to identify which requests belong to a particular session. 
              If cookies are not available, a session can be tracked by adding a session identifier to the URL. 
              To disable cookies, set sessionState cookieless="true".
        -->
        <sessionState 
                mode="InProc"
                stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
                sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
                cookieless="false" 
                timeout="20" 
        />

<!--  GLOBALIZATION
              This section sets the globalization settings of the application. 
        -->
        <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" />

</system.web>

</configuration>
    Now when I attempt to access the app I get the following error: Load operation failed for query 'GetAuthenticationInfo'. The remote server returned an error: NotFound.

How do I fix that? I have gone through all the steps required to publish the application and I get this error.

Fanatic Member

Not sure, but have you tried the options mentioned in this thread?
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...2-bb9a5c144d04

Lively Member

I like most folks can't edit any of the server's settings because my website is hosted by a third party hosting company. What do I need to ask them to do?

Fanatic Member

I haven't done any LS App development so would not know the intricate details. I hope somebody else chimes in.

Based on the current error message that you are getting, looking like you are now facing a different error, is that the case? If so, what changes have you been making?

Gary