dcsimg

Thread: VB6 SP6 Error 525 Data Access Error

VB6 SP6 Error 525 Data Access Error

First, thanks in advance for any help.

I understand that ADO is better than DAO, however, I have not had the time to really look into ADO.

I started a project that uses the DATA1 control and after using the Packaging and Deployment wizard, I installed the code on a XP Pro machine. While the form/app was loading, I received the 525 Data Access Error.

I went back, created a new app with only the DATA1 control on the app. I created a new package just for this app and I performed the install on the same XP machine. I receive the same error when loading.

I found one solution to the 525 error message that stated that I needed to be on SP6, so I installed SP6 on the development XP machine, recompiled, reinstalled and received the same error again.

Here is my code:
    Code:
    Private Sub Form_Load()
    Form1.Caption = Data1.Recordset.RecordCount
    End Sub
    I understand the the above is worthless and I recompiled again, without the line that starts with Form1.Caption. Same error.

My database is dic.mdb. I originally had this in C:\, however, I moved it thinking that it was an access issue by XP (like in Windows7), so I moved it to C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\DIC.mdb, no luck.

This simple program works on my DEVL machine with no issues. I can even expand the code to access records. I'm at a complete loss, any suggestions?

Frenzied Member

Re: VB6 SP6 Error 525 Data Access Error

How do you created the mdb file? Say the version of the mdb file...
    Probably you need to install the corresponding MDAC

JG

JG, sorry if this is a duplicate response. I responded once, but I do not see that response in this thread.

I created the mdb through the Visual Data Manager in VB6.

I do not know much about MDAC, but I did look into this last week. I downloaded the checker and both pcs are using MDAC 2.8 SP1 ON WINDOWS XP SP3.

Frenzied Member

Yes, the current version is 2.8 service pack 1, but the product has had many different versions and many of its components have been deprecated and replaced by newer Microsoft technologies and the problem in your case is that...
    When we create the mdb file using the Visual Data Manager in VB6, the mdb is version Access 95

Also, I'm sure that when you were creating the setup package using the Packaging and Deployment wizard, at some moment it asked you to add the Jet version 2.1 or 2.2

JG

JG, thanks again. I will try to figure out how to identify the components of MDAC.

I do not recall any questions about installing Jet. I will go through the process again just to validate.