[RESOLVED] Open Source Inventory Software-VBForums

Thread: [RESOLVED] Open Source Inventory Software

Resolved [RESOLVED] Open Source Inventory Software

Is anyone familiar with any free or open source inventory software for websites? I need to implement an inventory software into an intranet web app I'm creating in ASP.NET.

I had created a desktop inventory system quite a while ago, but instead of spending the time converting that app to the web app and fixing the bugs I missed originally , I was hoping I could find a system I could just implement into the web app and configure accordingly.

But, I can't seem to find one via Google or sourceforge. I've seen plenty that are used for IT departments to inventory PCs on the network, etc, but I just need it to catalog items, keep a record of items check in and out, etc.

Any ideas?
    CodeBank contributions: Process Manager, Temp File Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by SJWhiteley
    "game trainer" is the same as calling the act of robbing a bank "wealth redistribution"....

Re: Open Source Inventory Software

For one of my subjects at school we used Inventoria Stock System.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    Please consider giving me some rep points if I help you a lot.
    Please rate my post if you find it helpful!
    Technology is a dangerous thing in the hands of an idiot! I am that idiot.

Re: Open Source Inventory Software

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    For one of my subjects at school we used Inventoria Stock System.
    Thanks.

But, I just decided to go ahead and implement it myself. But, I'm going to redo it. In the past, I manually updated all the columns and figuring out how to update the appropriate ones or pulling and updating data from different views, etc, was time consuming and error prone.

But, it if I bind the GridView to the SQL database through a datasource, it looks like I should be able to update the data without actually having to code it in. That should make this much more simpler. At least that is what it sounds like from this MSDN article. I'm reinstalling SQL Server at the moment, because it decided not to work anymore, so I haven't had the chance to test it.
    CodeBank contributions: Process Manager, Temp File Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by SJWhiteley
    "game trainer" is the same as calling the act of robbing a bank "wealth redistribution"....