Thread: Mailer-Daemon returned email

Mailer-Daemon returned email

Is there a way to see the original sent email from the contents of a returned, undeliverable email?

Thanks!
    Nobody knows what software they want until after you've delivered what they originally asked for.

Don't solve problems which don't exist.

"If I had eight hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe." --- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

2 idiots don't make a genius.

Re: Mailer-Daemon returned email

yes... it should all be there... maybe... it depends on the returning daemon... some remove the contents, only sparing just enough of the headers so that it can return it ... others make the email do a complete about-face and return it in its entirety.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

I have the returned email and it has a lot of garbaldy-gook in it. It has a block of text that reminds me of UUEncoded text files.

Is there some software out there that can "decode" these returned mails to determine the original mail that was sent?

Google yields no answer...
    Nobody knows what software they want until after you've delivered what they originally asked for.

"If I had eight hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe." --- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sell View Post
    I have the returned email and it has a lot of garbaldy-gook in it. It has a block of text that reminds me of UUEncoded text files.

Is there some software out there that can "decode" these returned mails to determine the original mail that was sent?

Google yields no answer...
    The original text should be included amongst the garbled text.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

No, there is no plain text, only garbled text amid a bunch of cryptic keywords. I was hoping there is some crappy utility out there that automagically recovers the original message...?

Just out of morbid curiosity... is there are reason for needing/wanting to get to the text?

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Too morbid for public discourse