Thread: How to connect laptop with mob internet

Fanatic Member

How to connect laptop with mob internet

I have internet facility in my mob via wirless lan. I also have wireless lan in my laptop. Now i want to use internet in my laptop too. So is it possible that through my mobile i use internet in my laptop.?

Re: How to connect laptop with mob internet

If you phone doesn't have a wifi hotspot app/feature, no. It might be possible over cable. All depends on the phone.

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by baja_yu View Post
    If you phone doesn't have a wifi hotspot app/feature, no. It might be possible over cable. All depends on the phone.
    builtin w lan is available in my laptop and in my mobile both. but no external device like wifi.

You need a tethering cable with the phone. Then your phone and laptop have to be smart enough to hookup with each other. I use a software called PdaNet for my android phone. I am able to surf the net while the phone's getting charged at the same time. It has some limitations like it won't access https websites. The paid version will. I have been thinking about getting it.
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'
    save a blobFileStreamDataTable To Text Filemy blog

Yep, Tethering is the answer but as mentionned, not all carriers/phones allow it. I personnaly have the Nexus S phone from google and it works great, as long as I have 3G coverage I can share my connection with my laptop.
    Alex
    .NET developer
    "No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise." (Walter Kovacs/Rorschach)

Things to consider before posting.
    Don't forget to rate the posts if they helped and mark thread as resolved when they are.

.Net Regex Syntax (Scripting) | .Net Regex Language Element | .Net Regex Class | DateTime format | Framework 4.0: what's new
    My fresh new blog : writingthecode, even if I don't post much.

System: Intel i7 920, Kingston SSDNow V100 64gig, HDD WD Caviar Black 1TB, External WD "My Book" 500GB, XFX Radeon 4890 XT 1GB, 12 GBs Tri-Channel RAM, 1x27" and 1x23" LCDs, Windows 10 x64, ]VS2015, Framework 3.5 and 4.0

Banned

in dell 4 core laptop user manual it says a cell phone's sim card can be used for connecting to the internet and stuff

My laptop has the same thing... but you can't just put in your sim card and expect it to work... well, you could expect it to work... but it isn't.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Banned

I don't know if my phone has a SIM card. It is a CDMA based phone. When I slide open the back cover, all I see is a battery. No SIM Card.
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'
    save a blobFileStreamDataTable To Text Filemy blog

If u have nokia connect bluetooth device in your laptop then it's easily to connect it for internet via nokia PC suite, don't know exactly about others. I once did and it cost a lot.
    Last edited by Aash; Jun 17th, 2011 at 06:11 AM. Reason: typo

Thread moved from the 'Chit-Chat' forum to the 'General PC' forum.