Thread: [VB .NET] [Controls] SplitButton Control

Fanatic Member

[VB .NET] [Controls] SplitButton Control

For my program I needed a splitbutton, but I had to convert it from c# to vb .net. Original source:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jfoscoding/a...10/491523.aspx

Usage:
    After adding it to your form (like any other control), add a contextmenustrip. Set the "ContextMenuStrip" property of the added SplitButton to this contextmenustrip. Finally, add some menuitems to the toolstrip or maybe change its layout a bit.

To open the context menu, click on the arrow. To click the button, click outside this arrow (on the text). When pressing space it will click the button, any other key will activate the dropdown menu.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: [VB .NET] [Controls] SplitButton Control

Good control, but right clicking will still show a ContextMenuStrip...is there a way to kill that?

I can't assign an image to my Split Button control. It's a shutdown menu and I want the split button image to be a shutdown image, but the image doesn't show up. What do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by soulblazer View Post
    I can't assign an image to my Split Button control. It's a shutdown menu and I want the split button image to be a shutdown image, but the image doesn't show up. What do I do?
    The OP's last activity was back in May of 2014, so I'm not sure if he'll come back to answer your question. However, I downloaded the file and examined the code. It appears as if the style of the button is drawn manually in the OnPaint event using the ButtonRenderer.DrawButton Method. What I would suggest doing is using one of the overloads that accepts an image.
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    The OP's last activity was back in May of 2014, so I'm not sure if he'll come back to answer your question. However, I downloaded the file and examined the code. It appears as if the style of the button is drawn manually in the OnPaint event using the ButtonRenderer.DrawButton Method. What I would suggest doing is using one of the overloads that accepts an image.
    Thank you.

Nice code!
    --------------------------------------
    All your base are belong to us.