Thread: What is the defination of the compile-tiime error: "Out of stack space"...

What is the defination of the compile-tiime error: "Out of stack space"...

I am working on using a PictureBox control array on a Form that itself is also a control array. This PictureBox control array, is packed inside a UserControl along with other controls that exist in a control array, themselves. The Form is loaded normally, through the Load statement. Therefore there isn't anything wrong with that. When I try to do a mouse click upon the usercontrol, then I get the compile-time error, that comes up and then crashes the whole application from running, at the current time of events...

!! Thanks in advance !!
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Re: What is the defination of the compile-tiime error: "Out of stack space"...

In simple words it means that you are exceeding the program memory space allocated to it (assuming you don't want to get into what is program stack etc.).

In more than 99% of the cases it is due to either an endless loop in your program, or one event/method calling the other and the other event/method calling it back again resulting in an endless loop.
    Pradeep, Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Please appreciate posts that have helped you by clicking icon on the left of the post.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." — Charles F. Kettering

Read articles on My Blog101 LINQ SamplesJSON ValidatorXML Schema Validator"How Do I" videos on MSDNVB.NET and C# ComparisonGood Coding PracticesVBForums Reputation SaverString EnumSuper Simple Tetris Game

(2010-2013)
    NB: I do not answer coding questions via PM. If you want my help, then make a post and PM me it's link. If I can help, trust me I will...

I will post my project files, so that you could have a look at them, for me. I guess, that the endless loops exist in the Load statement block, where I must be able to load the controls, to the UserControl???

!! Thanks in advance !!
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

PowerPoster

Have you tried to do a single step debug? You can step through each statement until you hit a problem or it has no problem. Your error could be in the usercontrol
    Last edited by jmsrickland; May 26th, 2011 at 06:55 PM.

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

When I have tried a debug, it comes up with no error. I can also place it in a project, and it works fine. But somethings don't work as good, or as fast as they should. That is where, I guess it goes wrong...

PowerPoster

Well I really don't want to download 3 zip files (and whay do you need 3 anyway) and try to figure out which is which and what to look for. Stack overflows are not that difficult to catch. You can put message points in your code and run it to see what was the last message from your app before it went into a stack-overflow error. At least you can narrow it down and then we can pursue it on that basis.

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

-- I will post the relevant source code, that I think that the problem in it...