Thread: Using a button and also checking a checkbox

Using a button and also checking a checkbox

VB is my second language and I am a little rusty. I have a bunch of buttons setup to run macros for a process but when I click the button I also want it to check a checkbox to show that the macro has been run. Any ideas on how this is possible. also will also need to great a macro that clears the checked boxes but I think that should be easy once I figure out how to check the boxes.

Thanks

Hyperactive Member

Re: Using a button and also checking a checkbox

Need more information.

What are you doing this in? is it excel VBA, are the buttons/checkboxes on a userform in VBA, a VB form, etc...

The simple answer, since you are talking about macros, I am assuming you are using Excel VBA:
    The Button will have a click event handler. In the click event you simply refer to the checkbox and set it equal to true...
    This assumes your button's name is "btn1", and your checkbox's name is "chkbx1", and it also assumes they are both on the same userform:

vb Code:
    1. Private Sub btn1_Click()
    2.     Me.chkbx1.Value = True
    3. End Sub

To uncheck the checkbox, determine which event you want it to occur on, and just set it's value to false.

Re: Using a button and also checking a checkbox

no_one

Sorry after re-reading what i wrote I left it pretty open. But yes I am working in excel and VBA. I have a spread sheet with buttons on it and then a check box next to it to show that I clicked the button. Thank you for the code, I think it is exactly what I am looking for. I will let you know if I run into any problems.