Thread: equalizer

Question equalizer

hi all,

ive VB 2008 Express,
    and i want to make a equalizer with windowsmediaplayer tool.
    but the question is how can i make a equalizer

messofflame thnx for all

Re: equalizer

So do you want to make the equalizer or do you want someone else to make it for you. If you want to make it then you have to figure it out. You can pay someone else to make it for you but then you won't be making it.

Break it down into simple tasks. Can you select a certain frequency range say, 0 Hz to 250 Hz and boost or attenuate that range? If you can then you can do it for another range. An equalizer like a volume control for different frequency ranges.
    Make as many mistakes as you can as quickly as you can. We want to make sure that we make a great enough number of mistakes in a given amount of time so that we can be successful.

"Persistence is the magic of success." Paramahansa Yogananda

thnx EntityX for your reaction but how can I make a equalizer pls a code for me im making a dj panel virtual so i may know this thnx for your reaction

messofflame

Fanatic Member

Well it depends. I am sure there are special .net libraries around that allow you to change the frequency, or you could even edit the bytes from the stream manually if you know the bitrate. More important is what the goal is. You simply can't make one that will change the system sound output, since it is done by the sound device and adapter, and is not going through another passage of some sort. You can use it to convert audio files, or to listen to a wave file through the equalizer.

If you want to edit a wave stream (e.g. from a .wav file) you can make an equalizer. First step is handling the byte stream. For example, a 128 bits/second stream has 16 bytes a second; which is quite fast. Then there is a quality range; in hertz. For example, if you have a stream that has a tone for each byte in a range of 20 - 20056 hz, it will be a bit blocky, since it can only hold 256 values.

Overall this subject is quite hard to teach yourself, best is to follow some tutorials and/or download some libraries that will help you with this a bit.
    As long you remember the main idea of music: wave files are actual waves; a long array of hertz values followed up in a rapid tempo being translated into sound by the sound device.
    Music is actually a long array of small beeps.

Its all going via "DirectShow".
    There are some lib's you can use. Look at this site:
    http://www.mitov.com/html/audiolab_features.html

Look at the tut's how to implement.