Hello

My development environment currently consists of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 2008 (usually administering a SQL 2005 server), Visual Source Safe 6.0c and Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010.

For years now, I've been creating and modifying SQL Server code and storing it in VSS. Last year we created a brand new development server and installed TFS2010, so that the other developer (who has since left) could source-control the work that he was doing in VS2010. My problem however is this:

I can fully source-control everything that I do in VS2005+ using TFS2010 and it works really well. However, I want to go through each of the projects that I have for SQL Server, take them out of VSS-provided source-control and move them under the control of TFS2010 so that I can eventually decommision the VSS installation and repository completely.

I can quite happily create a brand new solution and associated projects using SSMS2008. I can even go as far as binding them to TFS2010 (as long as I remember to change the Source Control plug-in through the SSMS options). However when I then close and try to re-open the newly TFS-controlled solution, I get the following message:

The project file {filename}.ssmssqlproj is not bound to source control, but the solution contains source control binding information for it.
Do you want to open the project using source control binding information from the solution or open it as unbound and fix the solution file?

Options: Use solution binding / Remove solution binding

If I click the option to use the solution binding, the next message is get reads:

The associated source control database could not be accessed.

• Temporarily work offline in disconnected mode
  • Permanently remove source control association bindings
  • Manually change bindings and connections (advanced)

This is starting to get tiresome, especially because I've already managed to successfully secure a brand-new SSMS solution using TFS2010, but for the life of me can't remember how I did it. At the moment, I'm not concerned about changing a solution's source control because I'm using this work as a good excuse to go through each solution and remove stuff that isn't needed.

If you're interested, the source control plug-ins I'm using are:
  • Microsoft Visual SourceSafe
  • Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider

TIA.