Thread: Sending email with Outlook 2010 via VB6

Hybrid View

Sending email with Outlook 2010 via VB6

Hi,
    Does anybody know how could I send an email via vb6 and don't get the message of security of Outlook asking permission to send email in your name?
    I'm using the mapi controls in vb6 and Outlook 2010. I already tryied to use a function in outlook that gets the parameters from vb, like Cc, Bcc, Subject, etc. but it didn't work at all.
    IF SOMEBODY KNOW HOW TO DO THAT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
    ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

PowerPoster

Re: Sending email with Outlook 2010 via VB6

This was a security fix first added to Outlook 2000 to prevent spammers from silently hijacking your Outlook account after thay had zombied your PC.

If your program really needs to send email it should use the built in CDO for Windows and its own email credentials.

Thanks dilettante for the tip.
    I'll try that.

(Sorry for any misspelled word, I'm from Brazil.)

You can do what you are asking using third-party components, information found here. Although, I suggest trying dilettante's method first. There are examples in the VB6 and Earlier code bank showing how to do this.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

PowerPoster

You can also look at Outlook Redemption if you truly need to piggyback on the user's default Outlook account. It works through Extended MAPI, which VB6's standard Simple MAPI components cannot use.

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    You can also look at Outlook Redemption if you truly need to piggyback on the user's default Outlook account. It works through Extended MAPI, which VB6's standard Simple MAPI components cannot use.
    Yeah, I have an example of how to use Redemption to do this, just download the attachment in the first post.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.

I downloaded your attachment at the link you posted, installed the redemption.dll, but I keep getting an error msg that says : "ActiveX Component can't create the object." and debugging it throws me to the following line : Set RDOSession = CreateObject("Redemption.RDOSession") at the apply function.
    I already have Office 2010 installed, and I also made reference to the redemption.dll in the project's references.

Would you know what I can do to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by RSHEEP View Post
    Would you know what I can do to fix it?
    No I don't! However, I can find out for you. I only have Microsoft Office 2003 so I am not sure what the problem is.