dcsimg

Thread: Developing on a Tablet

Fanatic Member

Developing on a Tablet

I have been looking into getting a new laptop for development cuz mine is pretty old and needs to be retired. I started looking around and saw a tablet comparison that showed some of these tablets have some pretty powerful capabilities (seemingly). I mean there are some that are running Windows 7 as well as Android, possibly Linux (I left out Apple on purpose). I was wondering if anybody out there currently is using a tablet for .Net development? If so, how well does it work? Do you have the same capabilities as a laptop/desktop? How about Graphics?

PHP, AJAX, javascript, etc is pretty lightweight, although not sure if you would be able to have a test environment....Anyways, any input on tablets and development on (not for, although kind of a given )

Thanks,

D

P.S. yes I have already googled the topic - however I trust people on this forum a whole lot more than most of the "critics" combined.
    Platforms of choice: Visual Studio 2005/2008 Professional : Visual Studio 2010 Enterprise : PHP - Notepad++/WAMP

Please Rate If I helped you.
    Please remember to mark threads as closed if your issue has been resolved.

Reserved Words in Access | Connection Strings

Re: Developing on a Tablet

Tablets might have good performance to be used for that, but I would never consider writing a single line of code without at least a 15" screen and a good, possibly full sized, keyboard and mouse. If you ask me the problem is not the capabilities but size (it does matter), form factor and ergonomics.

Re: Developing on a Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by baja_yu View Post
    Tablets might have good performance to be used for that, but I would never consider writing a single line of code without at least a 15" screen and a good, possibly full sized, keyboard and mouse. If you ask me the problem is not the capabilities but size (it does matter), form factor and ergonomics.
    Given that I can't understand how people can forget about accessibility. Being disabled I find it easier using a mouse and keyboard rather then trying scroll, etc on a tablet (it is like using a built-in mouse on a laptop, it can be very annoying not to mention if the user has a disability to begin with).
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672