Thread: Send keyboard commands to flash app

Frenzied Member

Send keyboard commands to flash app

Hi!

I have spent time googling about this, but haven't found a satisfactory answer.

What I try to do is to make an online flash player (that work with keyboard commands such as space, arrow left and right) to respond to my remote control instead.

I have done like this

- created a new html page and embedded the flash player on the body (in an iframe since the "player" is basically an url to the companys player app. No components or applets or stuff like thiat, just a link)

- added javascripts for handling the media center remote events

What I lack is a way to "emulate" a keyboard push. There is no api or anything, I just know that the flash player responts to keyboard input when it is in focus on the page.

Is this possible to do? I can see a security risk if an evil page emulates control + alt + delete, but if focus is inside a web page it must be possible, right?

kind regards
    Henrik

Frenzied Member

Re: Send keyboard commands to flash app

I presume your intentions are innocent, but I can only conceive of such a feature with bad implications. If an author chooses not to expose an API, allowing simulated keyboard input to get around that would be an unacceptable security flaw.

But, as to whether or not it's possible, I don't know; I've never seen it.