dcsimg

Thread: Settings & Lost Projects

Settings & Lost Projects

When I open Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Express, the following message comes up:

Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Express

The automatically saved settings file 'visual studio 2010\settings\vb express\CurrentSettings.vssettings' cannot be found. You can change this file on the 'Import and Export Settings' Tools Options page. The IDE will use your most recent settings for this session.
    I click the 'OK' button, and the Start Page loads with the "Recent Projects" list on the left.

When I click on any of the projects to open them, another message comes up saying:

Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Express

"Project Name" could not be opened. Do you want to remove the reference(s) to it from the Recent list(s)?
    I read about a potential solution going to "%programfiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE" but I'm not sure how to proceed. Does anyone know why this problem is occuring? Did I truly lose all my projects?

Re: Settings & Lost Projects

I'm sure if you just open the project manually, your settings will re-populate like normal.
    CodeBank contributions: Process Manager, Temp File Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by SJWhiteley
    "game trainer" is the same as calling the act of robbing a bank "wealth redistribution"....

Quote Originally Posted by weirddemon View Post
    I'm sure if you just open the project manually, your settings will re-populate like normal.
    The problem is, I can't seem to find the Visual Studio folder with the projects anymore. Don't have any idea what happened with it, it just seems to have disappeared without a single trace.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl123 View Post
    The problem is, I can't seem to find the Visual Studio folder with the projects anymore. Don't have any idea what happened with it, it just seems to have disappeared without a single trace.
    What directory are you looking in?

And what happened prior to this that could have caused the issue? These kinds of things don't just happen on themselves.
    CodeBank contributions: Process Manager, Temp File Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by SJWhiteley
    "game trainer" is the same as calling the act of robbing a bank "wealth redistribution"....

Quote Originally Posted by weirddemon View Post
    What directory are you looking in?

And what happened prior to this that could have caused the issue? These kinds of things don't just happen on themselves.
    I searched in the Users directory, all I found in the Visual Studio 2010 folder was Templates. Everything else gone.

I don't know in which time period this could have happened, since I hadn't used Visual Basic in a long time. Last time I remember using it was around two months ago perhaps.

The strange thing is that the files/folders then should have been in the Recycling Bin (I believe), but I never saw them.