Thread: [HTML] Forums Integration

[HTML] Forums Integration

Alright, building a website at the moment and started to look around but really didn't find exactly what I was looking for..I have a website purely HTML/PHP code w/ no CMSes or such..Is there any easy integrations for a forum that anybody knows of? Would rather not use PHPBB and have it separate with just a matching theme since I do plan to build a CMS in the future and would rather make it easier to have everything...sync together.

-- Dread Knight Torac, Destroyer of Grammar Nazis --
    -- Newbie VB.Net 2010 | Fairly "good" at PHP, HTML, and CSS --

Re: [HTML] Forums Integration

Bump?

The only well-known, free forum software I'm aware of is PHPBB3 and SMF.

I've never used SMF myself, so I have no idea how easy you would be able to build a CMS onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by kfcSmitty View Post
    The only well-known, free forum software I'm aware of is PHPBB3 and SMF.

I've never used SMF myself, so I have no idea how easy you would be able to build a CMS onto it.
    Yea, heard of those..Use PHPBB myself, was wondering about pure integration on them, never went far on forums..just installing themselves and themes..

Quote Originally Posted by Rivkah View Post
    Yea, heard of those..Use PHPBB myself, was wondering about pure integration on them, never went far on forums..just installing themselves and themes..
    My web-host gave me access to forums to use as part of my hosting plan. The forums that were part of my hosting plan are those kfcSmitty has provided.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

VB6, XHTML & CSS hobbyist Merri's Avatar

MyBB is a good forum software. It is somewhat easier to modify than phpBB3 or SMF.

In general though there is no easy road. You just have to go ahead and get your hands dirty on themes and hope there isn't a lot of CSS that would be in conflict with that you have.

Yea, just decided to use PHPBB..working on how to fix it atm, using ProSilver Special Edition.. Looking around atm for everything and modding it to match my site (Going to attempt to have it pull from my header file if I can..Not familiar with how PHPBB works so any help in modding this to match mine would help

VB6, XHTML & CSS hobbyist Merri's Avatar

My experience goes only as far as phpBB2 goes, I'm still running one heavily modded one and it runs a custom template using an external file. This is only easily possible by using eXtreme Styles MOD or a similar template system (I think I have some newer lightweight one that appeared a year or two before phpBB2 support forums were fully closed).

At the moment I'm in the process upgrading to MyBB. phpBB3 just seems too cluttered to me. I've also used SMF and it doesn't cut it for me. The rest in the market doesn't answer all the needs, but MyBB is pretty good. For the moment I'm simply creating a MyBB template, but I'll eventually go deeper and do more changes. But I won't touch MyBB core files, it'll make updates too time consuming.