Thread: [RESOLVED] SecuROM Laucher has stopped working

Resolved [RESOLVED] SecuROM Laucher has stopped working

Hi,

I just installed Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City as well as the latest update for the game. However, when I click on the icon in the "Games" folder on Vista I receive the following error:

SecuROM Launcher has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

This is what it says when I click the "Debug button":

An unhandled wi32 exception occurred in LaunchEFLC.exe [6076]. Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the folling error:

No installed debugger has Just-In-Time debugging enabled. In Visual Studio, Just-In-Time debugging can be enabled from "Tools/Options/Debugging/Just-In-Time".

Check the documentation index for 'Just-in-time' debugging errors' for more information.

I check all the check-boxes in the above location but it didn't make a difference. I am not sure but I don't think this problem is related to the problem here I want make sure. Also, checking Rockstar support only lead me to the patch which, I installed but it didn't help.

Anybody experienced this before?

Thanks,

Nightwalker
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Re: SecuROM Laucher has stopped working

The problem seems to have been caused by Internet Explorer 9! I have now uninstalled IE9 and error hasn't occurred. I found this post from the Steam forums helped:

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySeeker View Post
    • Go to Programs & Features in Control Panel
    • On the left click View Installed Updates
    • HOPEFULLY it should appear in the list here and you can just click it and uninstall it like you would any program.

The problem is it doesn't ALWAYS appear in the list.

So this is what I found by searching:

• Open a command prompt (press the Windows Key + R and in the box type cmd and hit enter).
    • In the command prompt type (or copy/paste) the following: FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*9.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /norestart"

This alone made the game run but on restart IE9 was back and the game stopped working again. However I went back to Programs and Features > View Installed Updates and IE9 was now in the list and could be uninstalled properly.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672