Thread: Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connec

Addicted Member

Question Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connec

i have published my application in hosting server through FTP.When i run my application locally,its running properly.
    But after uploading files in hosting server,its showing error as
    "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.".
    I checked my code and found no errors in it.
    URL:http://onlinesampleexams.com/Questionsdisplay.aspx
    how can i resolve this error?

Thanks in advance,
    Priya

Hyperactive Member

Re: Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server co

show your connection string.... with hidding server name and password...
    Sagar
    VB6, VB.net,C#,ASP, ASP.net MSSQL, MYSQL

Re: Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server co

Agreed. I would guess that this is one of two things...

1) You are still referencing the local instance of SQLExpress within your connection string, and you need to change this
    2) You need to upload the contents of your local database (most likely a SQL Server Express Database) onto the SQL Server instance that is running on your web host.

Gary

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by sagarpassion View Post
    show your connection string.... with hidding server name and password...
    hi my connection string
    <add name="Hostingconnection" connectionString="Data source=servername;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=onlinesample;User Instance=true;"/>

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by gep13 View Post
    Agreed. I would guess that this is one of two things...

1) You are still referencing the local instance of SQLExpress within your connection string, and you need to change this
    2) You need to upload the contents of your local database (most likely a SQL Server Express Database) onto the SQL Server instance that is running on your web host.

Gary
    Hi gary,
    below is the connection string
    <add name="Hostingconnection" connectionString="Data source=hostingservername;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=onlinesample;User Instance=true;user id=user;password=pwd"/>

and i could not get your second point..

can u please brief it?

Thanks....

Hello,

When you created the Database locally, were you using a SQL Server Express instance, and attaching the mdf file to it, or did you actually have a full SQL Server instance, with a contained database, and referencing it, as you are, in the connection string that you provided.

Basically what I am saying is, when you uploaded the site to the hosting provider, have you backed up and restored the database into their database server?

Gary

Hyperactive Member

gary is suggesting you that there are no records in your login details table...
    Sagar
    VB6, VB.net,C#,ASP, ASP.net MSSQL, MYSQL

Lively Member

I think you are trying to connect to your web app not from localhost, here is what I suggest to change because I have faced same problem :

<add name="Hostingconnection" connectionString="Data source=servername;Integrated Security=false;Initial Catalog=onlinesample;User Id=xxxx;Password=xxxx"/>

xxxx = in SQL server define new user to login with password (use SQL authentication).

For all things connection string related, have a look here:

http://connectionstrings.com/

Make sure that your connection string is valid.

Gary