Thread: Error :exited with code 9009

Question Error :exited with code 9009

I have problem when i run the program i got this Error:

Error 1The command "f exist "C:\Documents and Settings\...\bin\Debug\Test.exe.locked" del "C:\Documents and Settings\..\bin\Debug\Test.exe.locked"
    if not exist "C:\...\bin\Debug\Test.exe.locked" if exist "C:\Documents and Settings\...\bin\Debug\Test.exe" move "C:\Documents and Settings\...\bin\Debug\Test.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\...\bin\Debug\Test.exe.locked"" exited with code 9009. Test

Can anyone help me to solve it plz

Karen Payne MVP kareninstructor's Avatar

Re: Error :exited with code 9009

Quote Originally Posted by abuamr View Post
    I have problem when i run the program i got this Error:

Error 1The command "f exist "C:\Documents and Settings\...\bin\Debug\Test.exe.locked" del "C:\Documents and Settings\..\bin\Debug\Test.exe.locked"
    if not exist "C:\...\bin\Debug\Test.exe.locked" if exist "C:\Documents and Settings\...\bin\Debug\Test.exe" move "C:\Documents and Settings\...\bin\Debug\Test.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\...\bin\Debug\Test.exe.locked"" exited with code 9009. Test

Can anyone help me to solve it plz
    Shows us the line of code that throw the exception. You can step thru the code or if you know what it is than post it here. From the looks of it you seem to be executing batch file commands.

How can i find the excpetion code??

PowerPoster

Not the exception code, the line of code where this happens.

How much code is in your project? If it isn't too much, can you post it? What is the text.exe and text.exe.locked files? What is it you are trying to do?

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Test is assembly name.

the code is very big.

Actually i got this problem when Copy and Past anything.

Here's the deal... the snip you posted... isn't VB Code... looks like possibly a batch script. Does that code appear in your project anywhere? Secondly, those commands and messing with files in the Debug folder, deleting them and moving them... and I'm not sure why or what the reason is.

Did you look through the results from the search that Braille linked to? It would seem to suggest that you're doing something either in the pre or post build events that maybe violating a file access.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

I added small code i got from the net in Pro and Post build.

However i have deleted and still the problem running.