Thread: Proof that the Forum Search Works...

Proof that the Forum Search Works...

I just wanted to post a happy story that demonstrates that searching the forums does in fact work:
    http://www.vbforums.com/showpost.php...8&postcount=22

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Re: Proof that the Forum Search Works...

That just proves someone on the forums knows how to use it. I'm still waiting for Joe to investigate why my recent posts aren't appearing as talked about here.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Hyperactive Member DavesChillaxin's Avatar

Yup, in fact (since I'm handicap with vbForums search) I use google. Which returns a lot of post from here Most of which are from years ago.
    Please rate if my post was helpful!
    Per favore e grazie!

Code Bank:
    Advanced Algebra Class *Update | True Gradient Label Control *Dev | A Smarter TextBox *Update | Register Global HotKey *Update
    Media Library Beta *Dev | Mouse Tracker (Available in VB.net and C#.net) *New | On-Screen Numpad (VB.net) *New

Yeah, it happens... what's usually funny is occasionally an old thread (like 4+ years dead) will get revived with "Hey I'm having the same problem" ....

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

What's even funnier is when somebody revives a 4+ year old thread to post a solution to it. How the heck did they find it, and why did they feel the need to post a solution after all those years? Might the OP still be waiting for some insight?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Hyperactive Member DavesChillaxin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    What's even funnier is when somebody revives a 4+ year old thread to post a solution to it. How the heck did they find it, and why did they feel the need to post a solution after all those years? Might the OP still be waiting for some insight?

Hey you never know. Every day is a day this forum builds it's knowledge. If the solutions viable then hopefully the thread can still be helping anyone that comes across it even 4 years later .
    Please rate if my post was helpful!
    Per favore e grazie!

Code Bank:
    Advanced Algebra Class *Update | True Gradient Label Control *Dev | A Smarter TextBox *Update | Register Global HotKey *Update
    Media Library Beta *Dev | Mouse Tracker (Available in VB.net and C#.net) *New | On-Screen Numpad (VB.net) *New

Quote Originally Posted by DavesChillaxin View Post
    Hey you never know. Every day is a day this forum builds it's knowledge. If the solutions viable then hopefully the thread can still be helping anyone that comes across it even 4 years later .
    Totally agree, the number of times I've found a post describing EXACTLY the problem I've come across and no answer, or even worse, suggested fixes but no indication as to whether or not they've worked.

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    I would guess most times the responder did not notice how old it was.
    Now as to the consequences of the late response, there are three scenarios -
    1) OP is still looking for the solution, and a substantial reward may be forthcoming.
    2) OP is dead, and won't mind it being bumped.
    3) OP is alive (having solved it years ago) and should be shot dead, for not marking it Resolved, and for not sharing the solution with us.