dcsimg

Thread: Directx Tiles Shaded/Squares Error

Directx Tiles Shaded/Squares Error

Ok, I am developing this game engine in Vb.Net... it used the Microsoft.Directx.Direct3d namespace. I have tested this in my Win7 Laptop (the Pc I used to dev it in) my windows xp laptop but as I sent it to a friend the graphics look like this.

Any reasons this maybe occuring? More info is available if you all have any questions!

Re: Directx Tiles Shaded/Squares Error

It certainly looks like a texture alpha issue. I assume you have a setup file that's including any managed DirectX libraries you're using? Machine to machine I don't know why they'd be different though.
    My CodeBank Submissions: TETRIS using VB.NET2010 and XNA4.0, Strong Encryption Class, Hardware ID Information Class, Generic .NET Data Provider Class, Lambda Function Example, Lat/Long to UTM Conversion Class, Audio Class using BASS.DLL

Remember to RATE the people who helped you and mark your forum RESOLVED when you're done!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. "
    - Albert Einstein

192.168.0.1 Preferred Animal: Penguin Reason for errors: Line#38

Re: Directx Tiles Shaded/Squares Error

Another posibility perhaps is the (default) texture/backbuffer format being different per machine.
    Quotes:
    "I am getting better then you guys.." NoteMe, on his leet english skills.
    "And I am going to meat her again later on tonight." NoteMe
    "I think you should change your name to QuoteMe" Shaggy Hiker, regarding NoteMe
    "my sweet lord jesus. I've decided never to have breast implants" Tom Gibbons
    Have I helped you? Please Rate my posts.