Thread: Best VB .NET Free Installer

Fanatic Member

Best VB .NET Free Installer

What is the best free VB .NET installer? Nullsoft and Inno both look good, but I don't think Inno works very well for .NET? I would like an installer that will automatically download the .NET Framework automatically only if needed. Thanks!
    I use VB .NET 2022. Currently developing StudyX educational software, PlazSales POS system and Yargis a space ship shooter game.

Re: Best VB .NET Free Installer

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/instal...up_instal.aspx - Inno Script allowing you to check for/download dependencies like .net framework.

IMHO waaaaay more convenient than nullsoft.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Moved To Application Deployment

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, what's wrong with ClickOnce? Or the setup project for that matter?

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Fanatic Member

Thanks. I am using Inno, so that will be nice. I tried to do something like this to download updates for my software automatically, but I could not figure out how to ONLY download if a newer version was available? I have a FTP server with a version file online if that helps?

Quote Originally Posted by amras666 View Post
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/instal...up_instal.aspx - Inno Script allowing you to check for/download dependencies like .net framework.

IMHO waaaaay more convenient than nullsoft.
    I use VB .NET 2022. Currently developing StudyX educational software, PlazSales POS system and Yargis a space ship shooter game.