dcsimg

Thread: how to record voice chat?

Hyperactive Member

Question how to record voice chat?

hi, i am facing problem..
    i want to make a app/utility to record my voice chat on messenger.
    that's mean it should record.. microphone and and the speaker (line out) at the same time..

but i found few sample on vb forums and others place. but all only recrod microphone.. but i don't want that..

can any one help me out?

best regards
    kamrul hassan
    Last edited by Shohag_ifas; Jan 8th, 2011 at 10:39 PM.

Re: how to record voice chat?

I had a similar problem some time ago and didn't find a software solution so I built a hardware solution. In my case, I have a Microsoft app that records what's on the user's monitor including audio from the Line or Mic. I've used this software to record demo video's of my VB projects and Electronics Spice.

Everything is recorded, including mouse moves. My problem was that if my VB project included audio and I was narrating through a microphone, I couldn't record both, because the recorder software made the user choose where the audio was coming from (Mic or Line) prior to recording.

If you can follow a schematic and have wiring and soldering skills this will work for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    <--- Did someone help you? Please rate their post. The little green squares make us feel really smart!
    If topic has been resolved, please pull down the Thread Tools & mark it Resolved.

Is VB consuming your life, and is that a bad thing??