dcsimg

Thread: JS inside VB.Net

Wink JS inside VB.Net

Hey guys, i was wondering if any1 can help me with this:/
    i have this java script which i really need to use in VB, so is there any way i can make this happen offline? i mean without connecting to my web and run the JS from there??
    anw looking forward to ur reply thank you guyss

Re: JS inside VB.Net

Check this out, it's a JavaScript engine written in .Net. It's not fully compliant with every JavaScript feature though.
    "Feel the force...read the source..."
    Utilities: POPFile DebugView Process Explorer Wireshark KeePass UltraVNC Pic2Ascii
    .Net tools & open source: DotNetNuke log4Net CLRProfiler
    My open source projects: Thales Simulator EFT Calculator System Info Reporter VSS2SVN IBAN Functions
    Customer quote: "If the server has a RAID array, why should we bother with backups?"
    Programmer quote: "I never comment my code. Something that is hard to write should be impossible to comprehend."
    Ignorant quote: "I have no respect for universities, as they teach not practicle stuff, and charge money for"

Frenzied Member

VB6 had a script control where you can set a property to a text file and execute javascript (or vbscript) code. You can also pass objects back and forth as well as variables. I don't know if such a thing exists in .NET, just wanted you to be aware of it in case you weren't.
    VB6 Library

If I helped you then please help me and rate my post!
    If you solved your problem, then please mark the post resolved

What does the JS do that you can't do in VB?

Quote Originally Posted by Negative0 View Post
    What does the JS do that you can't do in VB?
    Maybe that's not important. Nice thing about JS, it's interpreted on the fly. Sure, you can approach that in .Net with dynamic compilation and app domains. But it's not the same. There are situations where JS is a cleaner approach.
    "Feel the force...read the source..."
    Utilities: POPFile DebugView Process Explorer Wireshark KeePass UltraVNC Pic2Ascii
    .Net tools & open source: DotNetNuke log4Net CLRProfiler
    My open source projects: Thales Simulator EFT Calculator System Info Reporter VSS2SVN IBAN Functions
    Customer quote: "If the server has a RAID array, why should we bother with backups?"
    Programmer quote: "I never comment my code. Something that is hard to write should be impossible to comprehend."
    Ignorant quote: "I have no respect for universities, as they teach not practicle stuff, and charge money for"