dcsimg

Thread: [RESOLVED] Graphics problem

Resolved [RESOLVED] Graphics problem

I have form that should show rectangles. Also, there are few text boxes. If I put some text into first text box and press TAB key, all rectangles disappear. Why this is so ?

I am using this technique for drawing :

Code:
    Graphics BackG;

BackG = this.CreateGraphics();

BackG.drawRectangle(pen,size,....);
    How can I fix this issue ?

Re: Graphics problem

i would guess windows is redrawing the window, and you didn't put your rectangle code in the window paint function. Windows will redraw the window whenever it thinks the display has been invalidated and if your rectangle isn't redrawn at the same time it will go away. You will probably have the same effect if you drag a window over the top of that one then take it off of it again.

You should basically never be calling CreateGraphics. The only time you should be drawing on a control is on its Paint event, i.e. either in a Paint event handler or in a form or custom control's OnPaint method. In either case, there's an 'e' parameter that has a Graphics property. It's that Graphics object that you use to draw on the form/control. You can check out a couple of examples by following the CodeBank link in my signature and checking out any of the threads about drawing.

Thank you for your answers. I resolved problem using Rectangle shape and Shape container.