dcsimg

Thread: Setting Checkboxes in ListView

Setting Checkboxes in ListView

I have a problem setting the checked state of checkboxes in a listview programmatically.

Background: I have a Windows Form Application which uses CheckedListBox’s. The names/labels for each CheckBox in the list are imported for a database. Also in the database is a field which defines whether the CheckBox should be Checked or Unchecked. The program works fine.

Problem: My requirement is to add a tooltip to each item in the list of checkboxes. I have read that the best/easiest way to do this is to use a ListView instead of the CheckedListBox. I have setup a ListView with CheckBoxes = True and View = Details. I have populated the ListView with the items from my database. The ListView now looks exactly like the CheckedListBox and the tooltips work fine.

My problem is that I can’t seem to find a way of setting the CheckBox’s to Checked programmatically. Is there a way to do this, or is there a better way of achieving what I am trying to do?

I hope I have provided enough information.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Setting Checkboxes in ListView

The ListViewItem has a checked property, that lets you set the CheckBox state. If you set it to True, then an item will be checked:

Code:
            For i = 0 To 100
                Dim li As ListViewItem = ListView1.Items.Add("Hello")
                If i Mod 3 = 0 Then
                    li.Checked = True
                End If
            Next

Re: Setting Checkboxes in ListView

Thanks, sorted.