Thread: Help on adding +1 to each day

Lively Member

Help on adding +1 to each day

I am working on an HTML project that displays a field with a number in the field by each day. What it does is start at 0 on day one. Each day it adds a 1 to the field. Day 2, the field would say 1, then day 3 would say 2, and so on. I am not sure how to approach this. This is also displayed in an HTML format. So is the best method to pull the VB code in somehow to the html field? or is xml the best method? Regardless, just need some help in writing the code and adding it to the html. Thanks in advance.

Re: Help on adding +1 to each day

Is it a web page you're working on?
    Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.
    - Abraham Lincoln -

Lively Member

yes. I don't care how it works as long as it works LOL. I can make it work in excel but when I convert it to HTML the forumlas don't work. So I didn't know if there could be something written in html or VB and then pull it into the site.

You need to use javascript if the page is plain html page. If it is an active server page then you simply set the value on the server side.
    Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.
    - Abraham Lincoln -