Thread: VB 6 CPU and Memory readout with graph?

Question VB 6 CPU and Memory readout with graph?

hey everybody

i want to create a very basic program which sort of imitates the task manager. However I only want to display the CPU % usage and the Memory Usage in MB.

Ideally I would like to use the kind of "bar graphs" which are on the left of the task manager in XP. The bar graphs adjust in height in real time to the cpu and mem usage. Underneath each bar graph, the actual readout would be located.

How do I go about displaying the cpu and mem usage?
    But most importantly, how can I make the graphs adjust in real-time? How do I make the graphs?

Should I create them in Photoshop as a picture, and then the picture would be covered from the top? Because the whole point of this is for it to look nice, so I don't want a simple gray box moving up and down, hence the idea of photoshopped image.

One last question, is it also possible to display the temperature of the motherboard/cpu? I know on my computer SIW can display the temperature, so the hardware is in place. Just how do I go about making it?

please keep in mind I'm a beginner

PS. I saw several methods to display the cpu readout, however none of them included a bar graph. Since it might cause confusion and be difficult to implement, I'm starting from scratch and will rely on you guys to give me the best suggestion

Thanks a lot

Re: VB 6 CPU and Memory readout with graph?

I've not opened this link but it's found near the top of our VB6 home page.
    http://www.freevbcode.com/source/080...sscpuusage.zip
    <--- Did someone help you? Please rate their post. The little green squares make us feel really smart!
    If topic has been resolved, please pull down the Thread Tools & mark it Resolved.

Is VB consuming your life, and is that a bad thing??