hi guys,

i created a program that checks if there is a new order. it has a refresh button that is timed with a timer so that every xx seconds, "refreshed" to see if there are new orders, so that it can be sort of a real time program. when it has a new order, a msgbox will pop and asks if the user wants to go to the site.

the program is working fine when the form is loaded; msgbox pops out and nothing else pops out even after xx seconds,

but my problem is when i close the msgbox, perhaps i clicked "no". after xx seconds the msgbox will pop out because for example there is a new order, if i did not click either yes or no. another msgbox will pop out, and another and another and another depending on the timer.interval that i used. what i want is when there is a msgbox that is active, i do not want any other msgbox to be popped again, because its annoying and redundant.

guys please help me and tell me if its confusing.

i am open for any suggestions! thanks very much!

Code:
 Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

Timer1.Interval = 5000
        Timer1.Enabled = True

(CONNECTION STRINGS)

For Each item In ListBox1.Items

If DirectCast(item, DataRowView).Item("status") = Label1.Text Then

MsgBox()

End If

Next

end sub

Public Sub MsgBox()
        Dim Shell As Object
        Dim message As Integer
        Shell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

message = MsgBox("There is NEW Order, would you like to go to the site?", _
                           vbYesNo, "ALARM")

If message= vbYes Then
            Shell.Run("http://")
        Else
            Exit Sub
        End If

If message = Enabled Then
            Timer1.Stop()
            Timer1.Dispose()

Else

Timer1.Interval = 5000
            Timer1.Enabled = True
        End If

End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
        Button1.PerformClick()
    End Sub

Public Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Timer1.Interval = 5000
        Timer1.Enabled = True

(CONNECTION STRINGS)

For Each item In ListBox1.Items

If DirectCast(item, DataRowView).Item("status") = Label1.Text Then

MsgBox()

End If

Next

end sub