PHP User Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: bbcode_highlight in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4197
MsOf07 [RESOLVED] [Access] Checking CheckBoxes inside of a MultiValue field.-VBForums

Thread: [RESOLVED] [Access] Checking CheckBoxes inside of a MultiValue field.

Resolved [RESOLVED] [Access] Checking CheckBoxes inside of a MultiValue field.

Hey everyone!

One of my friends at school asked me to help him with a project where he is taking an email from Outlook and importing data into access. I've pretty much got it all figured out and working until I got to this problem of MultiValue fields which is apparently new in Access 2007. I found some code here which helped me understand that Access treats each one as a separate field, however it is not exactly what I want.

In my main table I have many fields and 3 of them are MultiValue fields which are linked to other tables with information (What would you like to do?, Academic Major, etc). I need to be able to "check" the values inside of the field using VBA.

So far the only semi-solution I've found is deleting all the values from the MultiValue field and adding my own.

Any help/comments/snide remarks would be appreciated!
    Thanks!

Re: [Access] Checking CheckBoxes inside of a MultiValue field.

erm... Looking into the ms help site it manages multi values in hidden tables within access.

Easier option and less confusing would be to set up a related table and store any multi value bits in there...

Good luck on making it work

BOFH Now, BOFH Past, Information on duplicates

Feeling like a fly on the inside of a closed window (Thunk!)
    If I post a lot, it is because I am bored at work! ;D Or stuck...
    * Anything I post can be only my opinion. Advice etc is up to you to persue...

Re: [Access] Checking CheckBoxes inside of a MultiValue field.

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately I can't use that solution. My friends project requires him to use this feature of Access 2007. However, I was working on it late last night and finally found the solution! It was right in front of me with the link I posted originally.

vb Code:
    1. rstDetails.Fields(0).Value = "Check box caption here"

Once you use the .AddNew method and then set the value equal to the name of the caption the box will be automatically checked. If you need 4 boxes checked you have to use .AddNew 4 times.

Re: [RESOLVED] [Access] Checking CheckBoxes inside of a MultiValue field.

Vanquish2888, based on what you posted previously, I think you are doing almost exactly what I am trying to do in my current database. I have 11 error fields each with an associated error reason that is in a Multivalue field. Management wants me to automate the error reasons to match the error fields. Basically, when one error is selected on the form, the appropriate error reason needs to automatically be selected. I've tried to incorporate what you just stated along with the previous link you mentioned but it is not making any sense nor working properly. Could you assist me in this?

George