Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [vb6]Alpha Image Control v2 - Final Update (15 Jan 2012)

Re: [vb6]Alpha Image Control v2 - Final Update (15 Jan 2012)

I still doubt GDI+ has anything to do with it. As far as I know GDI+ does not hold a reference to anything in a VB project. VB will shut down when all running code has terminated and all objects are unloaded (circular references are almost always a culprit). GDI+ is not an object. This may be appropriate to post in the VB discussion forums if you'd like others to help troubleshoot and brainstorm.
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

Addicted Member

georgekar, can you be more specific with the temp file not erased ?

because VB6 IDE always had that habit of not erasing temp file, it is a bug per say but MS never fixed it, it doesn't crash anything... they just forget to make a delete temp file on exist IDE.

btw, on my side, never had any GDI+ problem on Win8, I made a commercial product wich is run on hundred of computer, nobody reported any problem or suspicious crash. can you be more specific about the problem ? maybe I can help you troubleshoot. Is it a EXE problem or a IDE problem, can you make a "small" sample that reproduce the problem even intermitently ? If it's a IDE problem, are you sure you installed Vb6 properly, on Win8 there is some precaution to do to install Vb6, it is more easier on Win7... just realize this might not be the right thread for this but I'm open to more detail if you need help

Quote Originally Posted by VbNetMatrix View Post
    ... just realize this might not be the right thread for this but I'm open to more detail if you need help
    Good call. If posting a project for troubleshooting, do it in the VB forums, not on this thread. Thank you

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

Lavolpe am a great admirer of his work now use your LaVolpeAlphaImg2 control.
    How do I select a region on the control to cut and save.
    Thank you and sorry for my English "google"

Ricardo, please post an image of what you are trying to do. Please show me what the result would look like before and after the image would be saved.

Name:  img-original.jpg
Views: 1350
Size:  36.2 KBName:  lavolpe.jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  29.6 KB

From an image I can rotate and give the zoom and then select a region and only saved the region using the same resolution

Thank you

Here's a quick and easy way to do what I think you are asking for.

1) Add a picturebox to your form. Set these properties: Visible=False, BorderStyle=0, ScaleMode=Pixels
    You can place the picturebox anywhere you want, out of the way. You may want to make it visible until you are satisfied that what is being captured is correct, then make it invisible forever.

2) Draw the image to the picturebox USING THE SAME scale, zoom, angle, etc that you were using in your screenshot... I'll call that picturebox PicCanvas
    Code:
    Dim X as Long, Y as long, Cx as Long, Cy As Long
    Dim tPic As stdPicture
    X = ? ' << set this to your selection rectangle's left edge (in pixels)
    Y = ? ' << set this to your selection rectangle's top edge (in pixels)
    Cx = ? ' << set this to your selection rectangle's width (in pixels)
    Cy = ? ' << set this to your selection rectangle's height (in pixels)

With PicCanvas
        .AutoRedraw = False
        .Move .Left, .Top, [alphaimage control width], [alphaimage control height]
           ' ^^ The picbox must be exactly the same size as the alphaimage control
        .AutoRedraw = True
        ' draw the image exactly the same way you drew it to the alpha image control...
        AlphaImage1.Picture.Render .hDc, [fill in the parameters]
        Set tPic = .Image
        .Cls
        .PaintPicture tPic, 0, 0, Cx, Cy, X, Y, Cx, Cy
        Set tPic = Nothing
        .Move .Left, .Top, ScaleX(Cx, vbPixels, Me.ScaleMode), ScaleY(Cy, vbPixels, Me.ScaleMode)
    End With
    Now you can see the result. May have to add this line for testing: PicCanvas.Refresh

If you are satisfied with the result, you can use VB's SavePicture command to save the .Image property of PicCanvas

Edited: I had some problems with VB PaintPicture if the selection rectangle overlapped the target area on the same picturebox. I've updated the code above to fix that problem (blue text)
    Last edited by LaVolpe; Sep 4th, 2015 at 10:45 AM.

Name:  lavolpe2.jpg
Views: 1346
Size:  24.0 KBName:  lavolpe3.jpg
Views: 1309
Size:  34.2 KB

Where am I going wrong?
    Lavolpe Thank you for now

Screenshot of your source code is not readable. Please paste it in a reply. Then add [code] [/code] around the code so it is easily read here.

sorry

Code:
    Dim X As Long, Y As Long, Cx As Long, Cy As Long
    Dim tPic As StdPicture
    Me.ScaleMode = vbPixels
    AlphaImgCtl1.SetRedraw = False
    AlphaImgCtl1.WantPrePostEvents = True
    AlphaImgCtl1.SetRedraw = True

X = Shape1.Left
    Y = Shape1.Top
    Cx = Shape1.Width
    Cy = Shape1.Height

zoomOffset = pnZoom.Tag / 100
    With PicCanvas
       .AutoRedraw = False
       .Move .Left, .Top, AlphaImgCtl1.Width, AlphaImgCtl1.Height
       .AutoRedraw = True
       AlphaImgCtl1.Picture.Render hDC, (AlphaImgCtl1.Width - (AlphaImgCtl1.Width * zoomOffset)) \ 2 + AlphaImgCtl1.XOffset * zoomOffset, _
          (AlphaImgCtl1.Height - (AlphaImgCtl1.Height * zoomOffset)) \ 2 + AlphaImgCtl1.YOffset * zoomOffset, _
          AlphaImgCtl1.Width * zoomOffset, AlphaImgCtl1.Height * zoomOffset, , , , , AlphaImgCtl1.Rotation, _
          AlphaImgCtl1.Effects.AttributesHandle, , AlphaImgCtl1.Effects.EffectsHandle(AlphaImgCtl1.Effect)

Set tPic = .Image
       .Cls
       .PaintPicture tPic, 0, 0, Cx, Cy, X, Y, Cx, Cy
       Set tPic = Nothing
       .Move .Left, .Top, ScaleX(Cx, vbPixels, Me.ScaleMode), ScaleY(Cy, vbPixels, Me.ScaleMode)
    End With

Part of the problem is the Render call. You are using the control's dimensions when you should be using the control's Picture.Width,Height. Below I've changed the code a bit to use With, End With so you can see where you should be using the properties of the image and the properties of the control.
    Code:
    With AlphaImgCtl1.Picture
        .Render hDC, (.Width - (.Width * zoomOffset)) \ 2 + AlphaImgCtl1.XOffset * zoomOffset, _
          (.Height - (.Height * zoomOffset)) \ 2 + AlphaImgCtl1.YOffset * zoomOffset, _
          .Width * zoomOffset, .Height * zoomOffset, , , , , AlphaImgCtl1.Rotation, _
          AlphaImgCtl1.Effects.AttributesHandle, , AlphaImgCtl1.Effects.EffectsHandle(AlphaImgCtl1.Effect)
    End With
    See if that is better. If not, please post back with a snapshot so we can start fresh.

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaVolpe View Post
    Part of the problem is the Render call. You are using the control's dimensions when you should be using the control's Picture.Width,Height. Below I've changed the code a bit to use With, End With so you can see where you should be using the properties of the image and the properties of the control.
    Code:
        .Render hDC, (.Width - (.Width * zoomOffset)) \ 2 + AlphaImgCtl1.XOffset * zoomOffset, _
    End With
    See if that is better. If not, please post back with a snapshot so we can start fresh.
    As I said previously, users need not only picture presentation but also picture Editor. you have to work harder to write a editor so that you won't leave your Graphic knowledge in dust.
    Last edited by Jonney; Sep 4th, 2015 at 08:05 PM.

Jonney, suggesting I write an editor? Sorry buddy, not interested. Plenty of them about but not enough alpha-supported image controls exist for VB which is why I developed this one and why I'll put out one more rewrite this year & that will likely be the last major revision. I'll support it for awhile, and may even enhance it from time to time. But an image editor won't be coming from me.

Lavolpe, thank you for the help you have given me, I hope anxious for the new version of its control.

With the new code you posted improved a lot so I want to do, now just need return only the region that I selected, see the new print.
    Name:  lavolpe3.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  32.2 KB

The following is your previous code, just modified slightly to ensure scalmodes match
    Code:
    Dim x As Long, y As Long, Cx As Long, Cy As Long
    Dim zoomOffset As Double, tPic As StdPicture

x = Shape1.Left + Me.DrawWidth - AlphaImgCtl1.Left ' get area inside the shape
    y = Shape1.Top + Me.DrawWidth - AlphaImgCtl1.Top
    Cx = Shape1.Width - Me.DrawWidth * 2
    Cy = Shape1.Height - Me.DrawWidth * 2

zoomOffset = pnZoom.Tag / 100
    With picCanvas
        .ScaleMode = Shape1.Container.ScaleMode
       .AutoRedraw = False
       .Move .Left, .Top, AlphaImgCtl1.Width, AlphaImgCtl1.Height
       .AutoRedraw = True
            .Render picCanvas.hdc, (.Width - (.Width * zoomOffset)) \ 2 + AlphaImgCtl1.XOffset * zoomOffset, _
        End With
       Set tPic = .Image
       .Cls
       .PaintPicture tPic, 0, 0, Cx, Cy, x, y, Cx, Cy
       Set tPic = Nothing
       .Move .Left, .Top, ScaleX(Cx, .ScaleMode, .Container.ScaleMode), ScaleY(Cy, .ScaleMode, .Container.ScaleMode)
    End With
    It is important that the same Render parameters for the alpha image control is used above that you used in the control's PrePaint event. So if you are also adjusting the X,Y coordinates when rendering to the control, you need to adjust them in the code above too.

Edited: Ensure the scalemode that picCanvas is using is the same scalemode that Shape1's container is using. I added code for that, but any tweaks you need to make are likely due to mismatching scale modes.
    Last edited by LaVolpe; Sep 5th, 2015 at 12:08 PM.

We're almost there, note that the first image using the properties
    (Aspect = 0 and AutoSize = 1) works great.

But in the second image (which I will use) with the properties
    (Aspect = 4 and AutoSize = 1) the area is wrong, you can cut using these properties?

Name:  lavolpe4.jpg
Views: 1162
Size:  48.8 KBName:  lavolpe5.jpg
Views: 1131
Size:  44.8 KB

thank you

Appears the image with Aspect=4 is not being rendered as zoomed. If it was, your clipped selection would probably be right.

Lavolpe, excuse my insistence, but it's because I have to deliver a job and all that's missing it in my project.
    I am enclosing part of the project for you to analyze and see if you can'm WHAT wanting.
    Thanks again for the help
    LaVolpe.zip

Sorry. I have a thing, call it quirky, helping others make money off of my code. I've given you lots of help. I trust you can spend the time to troubleshoot that last issue.

Sorry, but I have expressed myself wrong when he said "work" was referencing "school work", do not know what the term used in your language, and if you can help me I will be very grateful, including its control along with the link of this forumIt is attached as a reference in my "school work".
    But still I am very grateful with all your help so far and I take once again to congratulate his wisdom.
    Ricardo Vieira Pulo (17 years - eighth computer technology class)
    (São Paulo Brazil)
    translation - google

I tried to explain this at least two times. If you want the correct result, your Render parameters must be the same in both the PrePaint and CmdCut events. They are not the same. If you fix that, maybe your problem can be resolved.

P.S. I could not load your project, could only look at the code. I do not have your version of the alpha image control, nor do I have the threed ocx. No biggie. I think your problem is related to the different rendering calls; thereby producing different results.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaVolpe View Post
    Sorry. I have a thing, call it quirky, helping others make money off of my code. I've given you lots of help. I trust you can spend the time to troubleshoot that last issue.
    about that... I always wondered why you don't have a "donation" button. I know I offered it to you in past but I would be very honored to offer you a web page host. All you have to do buy the domain (about 10$ per year) and I would web host your domain and you would have full control over the web page. I really apreciate your control, it's the least I could do. I would be glad to "donate" myself to you.

After selecting the region and show the PicCanvas, saving the piccanvas?

VB's SavePicture function will save the picCanvas.Image to a bitmap

Hi, firstly thank you for your amazing code.

I am facing a issue when printing an image.
    The code uses the same routines to draw either in the screen or in printer.
    It uses the vb scale methods of own each object (picturebox or printer) to define de position given in millimeters.
    However the render method of AIC just prints near the right position when I use the same coordinates used in the picturebox and add a magical offset (27 pixels horizontal and 43 pixels vertical)
    More over the image was trimmed in the rendering.
    The image was loaded from a byte array read from a data base field.

Code:
            Set myImg = New GDIpImage
            myImg.KeepOriginalFormat = False
            Set myImg = LoadPictureGDIplus(myField.GetChunk(0, myField.FieldSize), False)
            Set myEffects = New GDIpEffects
            myEffects.TransparentColorUsed = True
            myEffects.TransparentColor = GetPixelGDIplus(myImg, 0, 0)

'Expected to work
            'With IIf(mbPrinting, Printer, myPicBox)
            'myImg.Render .hDC, _
                                 .ScaleX(mnLinAssPosX + mnMargemEsq, vbMillimeters, vbPixels) + .ScaleX(mnRTAssImgOffSetX, vbTwips, vbPixels) - myImg.Width / 2, _                                                                 
                                 .ScaleY(mnLinAssPosY + mnMargemSup, vbMillimeters, vbPixels) + .ScaleY(mnRTAssImgOffSetY, vbTwips, vbPixels) - myImg.Height / 2, _
                                 , , , , , , , myEffects.AttributesHandle, , myEffects.EffectsHandle(lvicNoEffects), lvicHighQualityBicubic
            'End with

'Atcual work
            myImg.Render IIf(mbPrinting, Printer.hDC, myPicBox.hDC), _
                                 myPicBox.ScaleX(mnLinAssPosX + mnMargemEsq, vbMillimeters, vbPixels) + myPicBox.ScaleX(mnRTAssImgOffSetX, vbTwips, vbPixels) + IIf(mbPrinting, 27, 0) - myImg.Width / 2, _                                                                 
                                 myPicBox.ScaleY(mnLinAssPosY + mnMargemSup, vbMillimeters, vbPixels) + myPicBox.ScaleY(mnRTAssImgOffSetY, vbTwips, vbPixels) + IIf(mbPrinting, 43, 0) - myImg.Height / 2, _
                                 , , , , , , , myEffects.AttributesHandle, , myEffects.EffectsHandle(lvicNoEffects), lvicHighQualityBicubic
    Original image: Name:  ass.png
Views: 1011
Size:  626 Bytes
    Results
    Picture box:Name:  picbox.png
Views: 1010
Size:  2.4 KB
    Printer: Name:  print.png
Views: 1020
Size:  2.8 KB

Have you ever dealt with such issue?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Looking at your screenshot. The picturebox rendering is correct? Obviously the Printer version is not. It appears the printer may be slightly scaling the rendering. I say that because 1-pixel edges when scaled can be lost or thinned out when scaling. Though you are not scaling the rendering, just assigning the X,Y printer coordinates.

I assume the printer's scalemode is pixels. You may want to check the results of your X,Y calculations and see if rounding may be an issue. Don't know if it will help or fix the problem, but try passing whole number vs fractions, i.e.,

CLng(myPicBox.ScaleX(mnLinAssPosX + mnMargemEsq, ... )
    CLng(myPicBox.ScaleY(mnLinAssPosY + mnMargemSup, ... )

I created a simple project to find out the causes and I found one of them.

The effects to make the color transparent is responsible for trimming the image.

Code:
        Dim oGDIImg As LaVolpeAlphaImg.GDIpImage
        Dim oGDIEffects As LaVolpeAlphaImg.GDIpEffects

Set oGDIImg = LaVolpeAlphaImg.LoadPictureGDIplus("C:\myImg.png")
        Set oGDIEffects = New LaVolpeAlphaImg.GDIpEffects
        oGDIEffects.TransparentColor = LaVolpeAlphaImg.AICGlobals.GetPixelGDIplus(oGDIImg, 0, 0)
        oGDIEffects.TransparentColorUsed = True

Printer.CurrentX = 0
        Printer.CurrentY = 0
        Printer.Font.Name = "Times New Roman"
        Printer.Font.Size = 28
        Printer.Print "Just a small block of"
        Printer.Print "text to show that the"
        Printer.Print "image is printed with"
        Printer.Print "true transparency and"
        Printer.Print "not simply with a white"
        Printer.Print "background."
        'LaVolpeAlphaImg.PaintPictureGDIplus oGDIImg, Printer.hDC
        With Printer
            .ScaleMode = vbPixels
            'oGDIImg.Render .hDC, (.ScaleWidth - oGDIImg.Width) \ 2, (.ScaleHeight - oGDIImg.Height) \ 2, , , , , , , , oGDIEffects.AttributesHandle, , oGDIEffects.EffectsHandle(lvicNoEffects), lvicHighQualityBicubic
            oGDIImg.Render .hDC, , , , , , , , , , , , , lvicHighQualityBicubic
            oGDIImg.Render .hDC, oGDIImg.Width, oGDIImg.Height, , , , , , , , oGDIEffects.AttributesHandle, , oGDIEffects.EffectsHandle(lvicNoEffects), lvicHighQualityBicubic
            .EndDoc
        End With
    Printer (PDFCreator) Result: Name:  teste.png
Views: 1027
Size:  20.2 KB

Do you have any suggestion to workaround with image loss with the transparent effect?

I am still working to find out the reason about position issue using the same scale of the picture instead of printer dimensions.

Thank you very much for your fast response.

Best regards

Finally I found a workaround for the printing issue.
    To avoid that trimming of image happens, I created a picturebox 2 pixels wider (in both dimensions horizontal e vertical) than the image, then rendered the transparent GDIpImage with an offset of 1px and after i rendered in the printer DC.
    On regards to position problem, I figured out that there is a difference between screen and printer. Coordinates in pixels used for the printer have to be increased in 4% to be correctly positioned. I still do not know the reason, but now is printing very fine.

Hello LaVolpe.
    I didn't really understand the reason behind the size limitation to screen size when the selection of the Aspect is something other than lvicActualSize. Can you give some details?

Don't have a great reason, but I'll give it to you. You cannot physically view more than the screen size. Very large images require large amounts of memory.

The control was not written with the idea that it could be used as a view port. There are limitations on the size of any image backed by a DIB or bitmap. Those limitations are not public from Microsoft as far as I know, but to avoid potential errors I simply took the easy way out, expecting this to a be a problem for a very small percentage of typical users.

In my rewrite of this control (still not close to publishing it yet), this is one topic I still haven't found a great solution for. I personally don't like the limitation. I am close to finalizing a solution that won't be perfect but would remove the limitation. The solution is basically to use GDI+ (which has its own methods of handling large images) and rendering on demand the viewable portion of the image. This solution could negate AutoRedraw for very large images because of the DIB size limitation imposed by Windows. I would expect rendering to be significantly slower in these cases, especially if AutoRedraw is not applicable and/or image appearance is changed during rendering: scaling, rotation, mirroring, gray scaling, etc. Very large images may not be able to be saved, without scaling, to other image formats where the format itself restricts max dimensions. All being said, if GDI+ balks at loading very large images, all bets are off.

In any case, I do always foresee a max data size of 2 GB as a permanent limitation.
    Last edited by LaVolpe; Dec 13th, 2015 at 06:06 PM.

Hello LaVolpe.

I am facing the following problem: in IDE (debug-time) I can load a picture to an Alpha Image Control from the picture property of a Standard Image Control, however when is in run-time (compiled) the error 481 - Invalid Picture is raised.

Code:
    Set AlphaImgCtl1.Picture = LaVolpeAlphaImg.AICGlobals.LoadPictureGDIplus(Image1.Picture)
    ---------------------------
    Project1
    Run-time error '481':

Invalid picture
    OK

Could you help me to solve this?
    Thank you very much.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'll take a look, but not likely in the next day or two. I am always interested in errors and bug reports.

In the mean-time, try passing the handle: Image1.Picture.Handle

Edited. A quick look, I was able to replicate the problem twice in a row. Then problem went away without doing a thing. I think I have it narrowed down, but will have to perform more tests. If I do figure it out (and I will), you will have to make the change to your copy of the control & recompile it. If this is the only issue and if passing only picture objects that contain bitmaps or jpegs, would recommend passing by handle vs the picture object. That way you won't have to modify the code, recompile, & redistribute the ocx.

Follow-up. To patch the bug:
    Method: modCommon.pvProcessStdPicSource
    Add this: bSaveMemCopy = True
    Where:
    Code:
    If IPic.KeepOriginalData Then
    Else
        bSaveMemCopy = True ' << insert here
        IPic.SaveAsFile ByVal ObjPtr(IStream), bSaveMemCopy, lResult
    End If
    Last edited by LaVolpe; Dec 14th, 2015 at 11:27 AM.

Addicted Member

Hello LaVolpe,

Can you check into the code of PhotoDemon - The open source photo editor. It supports very large image size. It is open source so you could study its source cod and implement interesting features in the new version.

http://photodemon.org/

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by yogiyang View Post
    Can you check into the code of PhotoDemon - The open source photo editor. It supports very large image size. It is open source so you could study its source cod and implement interesting features in the new version.
    Very familiar with that project and the author. Not interested. My control is not designed as a photo editor, never will be. It is designed as a viewer. The goal was to expose the control to the user via properties and events so that the user can draw onto the control to customize the image all they want. That was always a shortcoming to VB's controls. The picturebox was the closest we came to custom drawing images.

Thank you for your -always- quick reply and for the answer.
    I look forward for the new version of your control.

Very large images may not be able to be saved, without scaling, to other image formats where the format itself restricts max dimensions. All being said, if GDI+ balks at loading very large images, all bets are off.
    What you describe couldn't happen even with this version of the control with a very large image size if Aspect is lvicActualSize ?
    (I didn't test this since I don't know exactly how large has to be the very large image in order to cause problems).

What you describe couldn't happen even with this version of the control with a very large image size if Aspect is lvicActualSize ?
    Yes it is possible. TIF for example is not uncommon to contain very high res images at 600 DPI or higher. VB will not allow a control to be sized greater than 16383 pixels. Translated down from 600 to 96 DPI (normal), that's rounded up to 2625 pixels, though the image dimensions would be 16406. Without DPI awareness, the control will attempt to load the image treating it as 16406, at current screen DPI, regardless of its actual setting. The lvicActualSize setting requests the same size as its dimensions & failure will occur. If AutoRedraw is requested, not sure if the O/S would allow, say a 16406x16406 bitmap, to be created. Memory-wise at 32 bpp image, over 1 GB of memory needed.

Granted that 2625 pixels scaled from 96 to 600 DPI is 16406, but is 2625 realistic? How about half that at 1200 DPI? Same result.

Again, it is possible. Likely? No. But to be a more bullet-proof control; this is an issue I'm attempting to find a good, usable, solution for. The best I've come up with so I don't have to create my own 'view port' is to rely on GDI+. If it can load it, then it can likely display it. The size of the image control is limited by VB, but that limit is larger than the screen so no real issue there.
    Last edited by LaVolpe; Dec 14th, 2015 at 02:53 PM.

Thank you, again.

Now everything is fine, great work.

You are awesome.

Hi LaVolpe.

In a step forward, I dealed with the following issue, again it only occurs in run-time, in the debug-time within the IDE is just fine.

There is a quality loss in run-time when we load a picture from a IPictureDisp or StdPicture directly from its pointer.
    If we load passing the handle porperty, instead, it works and the image is recovered perfectly.

However it does not apply for metafiles (.emf or .wmf), an error is raised when we try to load from the handle, either in run-time or debug-time.

Here goes the project sample.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast