Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast

Thread: [vb6]Alpha Image Control v2 - Final Update (15 Jan 2012)

Addicted Member

Re: [vb6]Alpha Image Control v2 - Final Update (15 Jan 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by LaVolpe View Post
    Start with the last few posts on previous page and post #562 on this page.
    Got it, passed an hour reading your material and reference on MSDN. it raised some question... (see below)

If passing the handle worked but passing the picture object did not work, then what I described in my previous reply is the reason. Just FYI.
    Forgive me, can you be more specific ? What cause the problem ?

Ok, here from component 2.1.32
    Code:
        If ipic.KeepOriginalFormat Then
            ipic.SaveAsFile ByVal ObjPtr(IStream), False, lResult
            If lResult = 0& Then ipic.SaveAsFile ByVal ObjPtr(IStream), bSaveMemCopy, lResult
        Else
            ipic.SaveAsFile ByVal ObjPtr(IStream), bSaveMemCopy, lResult
        End If
    Of, I'm not sure I understand something...
    bSaveMemCopy is Declared as Boolean but never Initialized... (so it was false all the time) So Let replace all code but removing the unused bSaveMemCopy

We got this:
    Code:
            'old: If lResult = 0& Then ipic.SaveAsFile ByVal ObjPtr(IStream), bSaveMemCopy, lResult
            'If lResult = 0& Then ipic.SaveAsFile ByVal ObjPtr(IStream), False, lResult
        Else
            'old: ipic.SaveAsFile ByVal ObjPtr(IStream), bSaveMemCopy, lResult   'Wich MEAN FALSE
            'bug Fix 2.1.33 (not released yet)
            ipic.SaveAsFile ByVal ObjPtr(IStream), True, lResult
        End If
    That work as Intended, bug fixed.. now my question is about the other part

Code:
            'If lResult = 0& Then ipic.SaveAsFile ByVal ObjPtr(IStream), False, lResult
        Else
    IPicture.SaveAsFile:
    IPicture.SaveAsFile Link

Return Value:
    IPicture.SaveAsFile Return Value Link
    E_FAIL = 0x80004005 'Unspecified failure
    E_INVALIDARG = 0x80070057 'One or more arguments are not valid
    S_OK = 0x00000000 'Operation successful

so, if lResult = 0 mean S_OK, why are we doing the same operation a second time ?
    is there any benefit ?

just wondering... I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by VbNetMatrix View Post
    so, if lResult = 0 mean S_OK, why are we doing the same operation a second time ?
    is there any benefit ?

just wondering... I'm confused.
    You're confused? So was I as to why it failed on occasion.

lResult is not the return value of ipic.SaveAsFile. It is the number of bytes copied to the stream (3rd parameter of the function). If zero bytes, then failure.

Reason why doing it twice was mentioned in the routine's comment I believe. Inconsistencies. However, I think part of the problem I was having, discovered couple years later, could be the parameter being passed. Is it boolean? Is it long? Is it something else? Per object explorer in VB (F2 key), it is "Boolean". But that may not be trustworthy. For example, ipic.Render states parameters as long, but if you pass long you get type mismatch unless you pass single.

As to why passing FALSE can work when passing a boolean variable doesn't work is likely due to imperfect documentation and/or my misunderstanding of the function.
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

PowerPoster

It's a typo in the original stdole2.tlb. How it doesn't crash every time boggles the mind.

OCIdl.idl uses BOOL (32bit) while stdole2.tlb uses VARIANT_BOOL (16bit)

Have you tried invoking SaveAsFile using DispCallFunc() instead?
    Last edited by DEXWERX; Aug 28th, 2017 at 03:22 PM.

Addicted Member

lResult is not the return value of ipic.SaveAsFile. It is the number of bytes copied to the stream (3rd parameter of the function). If zero bytes, then failure.
    Oups!! How could have I been so distracted! lool...

...could be the parameter being passed. Is it boolean? Is it long? Is it something else?
    as per "non official" version 2.1.33 of mine, I have changed the parameter for LONG and I also have put something like:

if (lresult=0) then
    msgbox "nope, wasn't that..."
    end if

so if it glitch in any of my program in like next 6 month, I'll know, otherwise, I'll consider the matter fixed for good.

Thanks for fixing this. I love this component.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by DEXWERX View Post
    It's a typo in the original stdole2.tlb. How it doesn't crash every time boggles the mind.
    OCIdl.idl uses BOOL (32bit) while stdole2.tlb uses VARIANT_BOOL (16bit)
    Have you tried invoking SaveAsFile using DispCallFunc() instead?
    DispCallFunc()?? didn't know... but the fix work now, so...

Got a couple of question though...

1. where can we get documentation about OCIdl.idl and stdole2.tlb for the matter at hand ??
    2. I saw you did a vb6.tlb, what does it does and would it be possible to create a vb6.tlb to fix and replace stdole2.tlb ?

thanks

PowerPoster

DispCallFunc()?? didn't know... but the fix work now, so...

Got a couple of question though...

1. where can we get documentation about OCIdl.idl and stdole2.tlb for the matter at hand ??
    I always read the source, as MSDN documentation can be lacking and is often wrong.
    stdole2.tlb can be decompiled to IDL using the OLE-Com Object viewer (which comes with Visual Studio)
    OCIdl.idl comes with any of the Windows or Driver Development kits (or visual studio / visual c++)

2. I saw you did a vb6.tlb, what does it does and would it be possible to create a vb6.tlb to fix and replace stdole2.tlb ?
    thanks
    VB6.tlb's main use is to allow easier use of pointers, by aliasing some of the built in runtime functions.
    like getting the safearray reference of an array, and read/write access to memory via pointer,
    as well as r/w access to the pointers of VB's reference types (string/array/object).
    It's also declares often used functions like CopyMemory.

It's possible to correctly VB-Ize the IPicture definition from OCIdl.idl and include it in a typelib like my VB6.lib
    That's actually a great idea. I need to finish adding in Control Array interfaces anyway, might as well add a fixed IPicture.

hi i completed my game project but have2 problem with AIC

movie of result : here
    1-i have a one sprite sheet png file and one alpha image control,my images is like this :

i want when mouse entered on normal state then "fade in" to over state and show over state image and stop and then when mouse down pressed on over state then fade in to down state and then start animation frame 1 to 100 play with custom duration speed for example (500 miliseconds)

matter is for me to make fade in simulation
    i dont want make frames for simulate fade in

how can do that ?

and my question 2 : how can mirror face from left to right or from top to down without reverse frame? i hv a sprite sheet for walking but when i used mirror method AIC mirrored and frames reversed but i want just face mirror and dont want frame reveres too.
    in my project i designer each left view animation of characher like as sperate because i cant use mirror or AIC(alpha image control).
    Last edited by Black_Storm; Sep 26th, 2017 at 05:39 PM.

any body here can answer to my 2 questions in #607

hi i wantt use AIC user control in another user control
    i set backstyle of myusercontrol to transparent and then i used aic user control in my user control.
    when i puted my user control on a test form background of my user control was been transparent but AIC was been white backcolor !!!
    i have this problem with ImgEx or stdPicEx.
    how can fix it? (i want use my user control with transaparent AIC or ImgEx or stdPicEx in same time on a form)

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  16.2 KB
    Last edited by Black_Storm; Dec 6th, 2017 at 05:57 PM.

I'll try to get back with you this weekend. My system just updated with latest Win10 update & things are not working right. Took me quite awhile to get VB up and running again (reinstalled it), but it's still not quite right. Only decision I have now is to try to figure out to fix what still needs fixing or rollback the Win10 update. Until then...

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

i am waiting so. and i am waiting for imgex or stdex class updgare to apng support too.

From your screenshot, I'd expect the bkg color to be gray not white. In any case, if you make your UC transaprent, then also set its Windowless property to true. Then transparency should be shown throughout. If that is not an acceptable solution, you can try compiling the AIC to a separate OCX and see if the issue continues. Or try different combinations of your usercontrol. Changing any combination in the AIC will fail to produce the desired effect.

Bottom line, the AIC gets its hDC, that it draw on, from VB. If VB gives it a solid fill background, that's what is drawn on.

i tested with windowless but now how can move my custorm usercontrol on form with mouse?

and can u answer to my old question?
    how can mirror face from left to right or from top to down without reverse frame? i hv a sprite sheet for walking but when i used mirror method AIC mirrored and frames reversed but i want just face mirror and dont want frame reveres too.
    in my project i designer each left view animation of characher like as sperate because i cant use mirror or AIC(alpha image control).
    Last edited by Black_Storm; Dec 8th, 2017 at 04:18 PM.

Don't understand what you are describing, regarding mirroring and sprites?

Here are two related links that discusses placing windowless transparent UCs in another transparent UC. It is not going to make you happy.
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...Transparent-UC
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...ntrol-Question

The behavior you are seeing can be replicated with VB's Image Control too.
    1. Create a new UC, set these properties: BackStyle=transparent, ClipBehavior=none, Windowless=true
    2. Add a VB image control and place a transparent GIF on the UC. This is kinda like my AIC
    3. Now, create another UC and place the first UC in it. Without setting this UC's BackStyle=transparent & Windowless=true, the GIF background is no longer transparent.

Name:  0walkleft.png
Views: 1033
Size:  130.5 KB
    i write my problem on picture.
    my porblem is with mirror animation.
    i want mirror animation to horizontal or vertical and when mirrored,animation play from first frame to last frame(when i used aic mirror animation play from last to first frame).

i want just turn back my animation face to left or right or top to bottom without reverse frames too.

and if u can help me in this thread
    any way to use nine patch picures(png) in vb6? can i use aic for nine patch too?how?
    Last edited by Black_Storm; Dec 10th, 2017 at 04:11 PM.

How are you animating? Are you using the GDIpImage.SegmentImage method to tile the image? More details would be helpful

i am use segment images, i sent picture used in #615 but i attachment here too.make a animation with this attachment for test and then check with horizontal mirror too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Now I can better understand and found a logic flaw too

1. Open the class GDIpImage and find this routine SegmentImage
    2. Change this line: newSEQ(0, lCount) = Val(sSeq(lCount)) - 1&
    to this: newSEQ(0, lCount) = Val(sSeq(lCount - 1)) - 1&
    3. Provide the new sequence manually... example:
    Code:
        With AlphaImgCtl1
            .Animate2.PauseAnimation
            .Mirror = lvicMirrorHorizontal
            .Picture.SegmentImage 5, 2, , , "5,4,3,2,1,10,9,8,7,6"
            .Animate2.ResumeAnimation
        End With

i changed class GDIpImage and routine SegmentImage to :
    Code:
    newSEQ(0, lCount) = Val(sSeq(lCount - 1)) - 1&
    and then i writed manual code :
    Code:
     With AlphaImgCtl1
            .Animate2.PauseAnimation
        End With
    and worked but if i hv been more than 10 sprites images and each image have been random frames for example more than 100 frames so i should be write code manual for each animation .

how can fix this problem to work always without this part :
    Code:
      With AlphaImgCtl1
            .Animate2.PauseAnimation
        End With
    my means is i want just set mirror to horizontal mirror in property page.

You have to mirror the cells in the image, so don't mirror the complete image.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoutdv View Post
    You have to mirror the cells in the image, so don't mirror the complete image.
    Another option. The SegmentImage function also can accept a byte arrray (if the class comments are read). Now, it's only a matter of sizing an array for 100 items and creating a short loop to populate the array. This, in my opinion, is minimal effort.

@BlackStorm. Suggest the method just described. I won't be modifying the class for this purpose. One of the beauties of this project is that is open source and nearly anything that one may want to add or alter can be done outside of the control. I really concentrated on trying to expose every possible thing to the coder via control/class properties and methods. The goal was not to have to make custom tweaks to the UC, simply call its methods/properties to change the control's behavior.

Post Re: [vb6]Alpha Image Control v2 - Final Update (15 Jan 2012)

i simulated this model :
    Code:
    'example :
    'when columns is 5 and rows is 2
    '5 4 3 2 1 10 9 8 7 6 

'example :
    'when columns is 4 and rows is 3
    '4 3 2 1 8 7 6 5 12 11 10 9

'example :
    'when columns is 4 and rows is 2
    '4 3 2 1 8 7 6 5

'example :
    'when columns is 3 and rows is 4
    ' 3 2 1 6 5 4 9 8 7 12 11 10
    and then i changed this part from SegmentImage rutin :
    orginal code :

Code:
    else
    For lCount = 1& To TileCount
    newSEQ(0, lCount) = lCount - 1&
    newSEQ(1, lCount) = FrameDuration
    Next
    to :

Code:
            Dim MySeq() As String, MyTempSeq() As String: ReDim MyTempSeq(TileCount)
            Dim MyMasterSeq As String
            Dim s As Long, cnt As Long, cnt2 As Long
            Dim Lngi As Long, Lngi2 As Long
            cnt = 0: cnt2 = 0: s = Columns
            For Lngi = 1 To Rows
                s = Lngi * Columns
                cnt = s
                For Lngi2 = s To (s - (Columns - 1)) Step -1
                    cnt2 = cnt2 + 1
                    MyTempSeq(cnt2) = cnt
                    cnt = cnt - 1
                Next
            Next

MyMasterSeq = Join(MyTempSeq, ",")
            MyMasterSeq = Replace(MyMasterSeq, ",", "", 1, 1, vbBinaryCompare)
            MySeq() = Split(CStr(MyMasterSeq), ",")

For lCount = 1& To TileCount
                newSEQ(0, lCount) = Val(MySeq(lCount - 1)) - 1&
    '            newSEQ(0, lCount) = Val(sSeq(lCount)) - 1&  ' ensure values in range of 1-TileCount
                If Err Then                                 ' internally, range is 0 to TileCount-1
                    Err.Clear
                    newSEQ(0, lCount) = 0&
                ElseIf newSEQ(0, lCount) > TileCount - 1& Then
                    newSEQ(0, lCount) = TileCount - 1&
                ElseIf newSEQ(0, lCount) < 0& Then
                    newSEQ(0, lCount) = 0&
                End If
                newSEQ(1, lCount) = FrameDuration
            Next
    and now i can set mirror with property page without any codes needed.is that correct?
    Last edited by Black_Storm; Dec 12th, 2017 at 04:53 PM.

If it works for you, then it's correct. But one of my long-standing principles apply... you break it, you fix it; no more help from me. In other words, once someone modifies my code for their purposes, I don't offer advice on how to fix it if it fails.

If it works for you, then it's correct. But one of my long-standing principles apply... you break it, you fix it; no more help from me. In other words, once someone modifies my code for their purposes, I don't offer advice on how to fix it if it fails.
    work for me but i want ask from you because i dont know other method means used in that class or any classes maybe used inthis class too.i want know any idea for any problem to maybe happen in feature.what problem maybe happen?

and apng not added to imgex or stdex yet?when time will be start?(i am waiting to apng support too)

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Storm View Post
    work for me but i want ask from you because i dont know other method means used in that class or any classes
    Yes, already mentioned it. Build your array outside the AIC, i.e., in your form, and pass the array. Don't customize a generic routine to no longer be generic.

Addicted Member

My system just updated with latest Win10 update & things are not working right. Took me quite awhile to get VB up and running again (reinstalled it), but it's still not quite right.
    Hi Lavolpe, hope you fixed your problem with last version of Win10. As for myself, I gave up on "Win10 & Vb6"
    I installed Oracle VM and on my Win10 machine, I ran a VirtualBox of Win7 in full screen. work like a charm

if that can help:
    https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

PowerPoster

... If anyone downloads that zip and doesn't have your DLL, then this thread will get posts with questions about that project.
    Ok, good enough point for me, to remove the stuff I've posted from this thread - moving suggestion (and example) over into the Main-VB6-Forum:
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...ing-direction)

Olaf

hi,i have this png sprite picture and used in aic :
    Name:  00.png
Views: 884
Size:  47.3 KB

i changed AIC to segment type and then i want extract one of splited picture in to a image box with keep transparent? can i do that?
    or can extract and then use imgex for show in image box? (image box is matter for me).
    i dont want save as png on hard drive i need just use my image index selected from aic control (segmented images) and show direct to imagebox with transparency.
    Last edited by Black_Storm; Dec 15th, 2017 at 05:52 AM.

VB's image control won't do transparency except for GIF, WMF, icons less than 32 bit.

You can extract the tile to another AIC using the SavePictureGDIp function with the optional SaveStruct parameter.
    1. Set the image index to the tile you want
    2. In the SaveStruct, set the ExtractCurrentFrameOnly member to true
    3. Save the tile as a stand-alone image, probably as PNG if sending to ImageEx

Also, the AIC can display any tile in a segmented image simply by changing the .Picture.ImageIndex property

Fanatic Member

Hi Keith, I have just started to use your control.

I am showing Album Art to the user in a 200 x 200 AIC. If the file does not contain a picture in the metadata, I am downloading just 10 images and placing them in 10 36 x 36 AIC's for the user to choose.
    I have already discovered by playing that the AIC's picture property always contains the original picture size and quality, no matter how small I have scaled it. This, I think, is great.

My question is do I really need 10 mini AIC's or is there some way I can display the 10 images in 1 AIC and the user select which one they want?

You can do that a couple of ways, here is maybe the easiest?

Use a picturebox sized 360x36, borderless if desired
    As you load each image, you can paint it to the appropriate tile in the picture box. Simple math will tell you which tile the user clicked on. Use the Render method of the Picture property.

If that isn't good enough, you can actually create one 360x36 AIC but requires more effort. That process is basically the same principle and that can be done at least two ways. But I won't go into the details if the easier option suits your needs.

Edited: Since one of the options requires drawing into an AIC, I whipped up an example because I don't think I've provided one of those yet...

This is probably the next easiest method that allows you to keep the "combined" image in an AIC. Note in this example, I'm creating a horizontal strip of images. Obviously just a sample, and you'd need to adjust for any scaling you may want and/or creating a grid vs strip.
    Code:
    Private Declare Function GdipGetImageGraphicsContext Lib "GdiPlus.dll" (ByVal pImage As Long, ByRef graphics As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function GdipDeleteGraphics Lib "GdiPlus.dll" (ByVal mGraphics As Long) As Long

' don't need to initialize GDI+ for your form since the AIC already using it

Private Sub Command1_Click()

Dim tImg As GDIpImage, SS As SAVESTRUCT
        Dim x As Long, y As Long, cx As Long, cy As Long
        Dim hGraphics As Long

cx = AlphaImgCtl1.Picture.Width
        cy = AlphaImgCtl1.Picture.Height

Set tImg = New GDIpImage    ' create a new image 10x original width & same height
        SS.Height = cy
        SS.Width = cx * 10
        SS.ColorDepth = lvicConvert_TrueColor32bpp_ARGB
        ' special purpose call to create a new image from nothing (documented)
        SavePictureGDIplus Nothing, tImg, lvicSaveAsPNG, SS

' get GDI+ hDC-like pointer from the newly created image
        GdipGetImageGraphicsContext tImg.Handle, hGraphics
        ' render each 'tile' to the strip
        For x = 0 To tImg.Width - 1 Step cx
            AlphaImgCtl1.Picture.Render 0&, x, y, cx, cy, , , , , , , hGraphics
        Next
        GdipDeleteGraphics hGraphics  ' release that pointer

Set AlphaImgCtl2.Picture = tImg  ' assign to a new/existing control & size the control
        With AlphaImgCtl2
            .Move .Left, .Top, Me.ScaleX(cx * 10, vbPixels, Me.ScaleMode), Me.ScaleY(cy, vbPixels, Me.ScaleMode)
        End With

End Sub
    Last edited by LaVolpe; Dec 16th, 2017 at 08:32 PM.

Fanatic Member

Many thanks.

Steve.

Addicted Member

Edited: Since one of the options requires drawing into an AIC, I whipped up an example because I don't think I've provided one of those yet...
    Thanks for this code... was waiting for it long time

Thanks for this code... was waiting for it long time
    Sorry if I didn't reply to a request -- may have just missed it. Hope the example helps.

Note: there are restrictions (bit depths & image format types) regarding usage of GdipGetImageGraphicsContext. Bottom line: suggest bitmap, png and 16bpp or better.

Addicted Member

Sorry if I didn't reply to a request -- may have just missed it. Hope the example helps.

Note: there are restrictions (bit depths & image format types) regarding usage of GdipGetImageGraphicsContext. Bottom line: suggest bitmap, png and 16bpp or better.
    Thanks Keith, very much appreciated...
    as a side note, I work ONLY with BMP and PNG
    (for image quality purpose)

hi,i hv two problem now.
    1- i created new user control and then i used aic control in it too.i want create new property or new method for use some of functions or others to use it.
    for exampe i created this sub :
    Code:
    private sub loadimage()
    ' i want use LoadPictureGDIplus from aic control
    LoadPictureGDIplus (...)
    end sub
    my porblem is about functions called from aic control in my user control.
    when i want write function name.vb can know it but when i type ( for example "LoadPictureGDIplus(" vb dont know this function with parameters.
    and when i use LoadPictureGDIplus with parameters and when i want use my user control vb show error to me about LoadPictureGDIplus unknow function or ... .

how can fix it?
    Last edited by Black_Storm; Dec 24th, 2017 at 11:52 PM.

hi,my problem in #636 not fixed yet and i am waiting to answers.

and i hv 2 problem now,can help me for fix it?
    1- i writed my problem in my picture :
    Name:  snapshot.jpg
Views: 744
Size:  55.6 KB
    my problem is about when i want use aic control compiled(ocx of it) on vb.net form.
    when i add and set image i can not see image in box on form.how can fix it?

2-i designed my user control and used aic control in it too.i set properties like picture and i compiled and worked in vb6 good but when i wanted test my ocx(my user control compiled) in vb.net i can see just background of aic control without any image(my user control is transparent but aic control is just opaque and dont show images too),how can fix it?

Name:  snapshot2.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  73.0 KB

I can't answer your questions regarding vb.net

There is a lot of documentation on requiring VB user controls to be modified for .net. I think Microsoft event created some conversion/migration functions, but not sure. You may want to browse the .NET portion of the forums for answers regarding VB6 user controls. Key search terms: VB6 usercontrol migration

I can't answer your questions regarding vb.net

There is a lot of documentation on requiring VB user controls to be modified for .net. I think Microsoft event created some conversion/migration functions, but not sure. You may want to browse the .NET portion of the forums for answers regarding VB6 user controls. Key search terms: VB6 usercontrol migration
    1-#636 not answered yet ( its about vb6) ( i can not call loadgdipplus or other functions when i used aic user control in my user control)

2-i created a user control in vb6 and properties seted to transparent backstyle and tested in vb.net and worked good so my problem is not about user control my question is about aic user control because when i want use aic user control in vb.net backcolor is opaque so problem is about aic.

3-i hv a question about how use UserDocument class , i want get percent ( 0 to 100 progress) of download and show percent in form too,i readed about UserDocument class and events in it like AsyncReadProgress(AsyncProp As AsyncProperty) and AsyncProp.BytesMax,AsyncProp.BytesRead.can u send a sample code for download more than 1 pictures as async and with percent downloading(0 to 100)?

You should really start a new thread for your problems.
    The problems you have are not bugs in the control, but have to do with how you want to use the control.

And if you are not satisfied with the control you should ask for a refund.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast