Thread: I'm in need of serious help!!!

CapeTown, South Africa -34.01244,18.337415

Red face I'm in need of serious help!!!

I'm a vb.net programmer and I have to do a project in asp.net.

I have some html and css knowledge, so I can draw up a page containing textboxes and buttons.

I did run into a very scary problem though, which brings me to my rather embarrassing question.

How and where can I use vb.net code in the asp.net project? I want to code the button I placed in the form to do a validation on the values entered into the textboxes.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Re: I'm in need of serious help!!!

Hey,

Let's start at the beginning? What kind of project did you create? A web site or a web application? During the creation of any pages, did you choose to place in the code in a separate file?

As a test, open the page that you are editing in Visual Studio, open up the design view, and then double click on the button. This should create the default event handler for the button, i.e. the click event. Does that take you in the file that ends in .aspx.vb? If so, this is where you would put your VB.Net code.

Having said that, when trying to do validation on controls on your ASPX page, I would point you in the direction of the built in ASP.Net Validation Controls. Using these gives you the benefit of getting both client side and server side validation of the content of the textboxes. Have a look here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ah5a961d.aspx

Hope that helps!

Gary

Re: I'm in need of serious help!!!

You can look at this validation controls in asp.net
    Please mark you thread resolved using the Thread Tools as shown