Thread: VB 6.0 Program path

VB 6.0 Program path

how can i find the path of existing vb 6.0 program to place it for running that program. now i have errors on it as "Error during load "Form1.form"

Re: VB 6.0 Program path

You mean App.Path ?

Hi Manikandan... Welcome to the forums...

Could you please provide more details of what you are looking for ?
    App.Path will give you the application's path. (Baja already stated that)

Are you from Kerala ?

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

I think he added Form1 when the project was in one folder, but now the project has moved to a different folder and VB is still looking form Form1 in the old folder.

That has happened to me before.

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    I think he added Form1 when the project was in one folder, but now the project has moved to a different folder and VB is still looking form Form1 in the old folder.

That has happened to me before.
    Nice thought Hack

I think, the old form can be added to the existing project by,
    Code:
    Project menu --> Add Form --> Existing tab --> Browse and select the old form

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Exactly, but you want to Remove it (which destroys the old path), then Add it through the Existing tab, which will put it back with the correct path.

PowerPoster

Well... the easy way for me would be to edit the VBP file

I was actually waiting for someone to mention the vbp file.

My vbp file tells me what the names of the forms are, not where they are stored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sample Project1.vbp
    Type=Exe
    Form=Form1.frm
    Form=Form2.frm
    Form=Form3.frm
    Form=Form4.frm
    IconForm="Form1"
    Startup="Form1"
    Reference=*\G{00020430-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}#2.0#0#C:\WINDOWS\System32\stdole2.tlb#OLE Automation
    Command32=""
    Name="Project1"
    HelpContextID="0"
    CompatibleMode="0"
    MajorVer=1
    MinorVer=0
    RevisionVer=0
    AutoIncrementVer=0
    ServerSupportFiles=0
    VersionCompanyName="Name Removed To Protect The Guilty"
    CompilationType=0
    OptimizationType=0
    FavorPentiumPro(tm)=0
    CodeViewDebugInfo=0
    NoAliasing=0
    BoundsCheck=0
    OverflowCheck=0
    FlPointCheck=0
    FDIVCheck=0
    UnroundedFP=0
    StartMode=0
    Unattended=0
    Retained=0
    ThreadPerObject=0
    MaxNumberOfThreads=1

[MS Transaction Server]
    AutoRefresh=1

Quote Originally Posted by ManikandanM View Post
    how can i find the path of existing vb 6.0 program to place it for running that program. now i have errors on it as "Error during load "Form1.form"
    Your question is a bit vague - please provide more information.

This is very interesting. I never thought that the VBP wasn't encripted or in some way compiled!!

-- That's amazing!!
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

!?Really?!
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Nope. They're plain text.

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    I was actually waiting for someone to mention the vbp file.

My vbp file tells me what the names of the forms are, not where they are stored.
    Me too...

Then how does VB able to find the location ?

When you change something in the folder, like my Projects, I have a separate folder for Forms, and Form Data placed in the same folder together. Then Modules, etc. When you change something, like the name of the folder. The VBP doesn't recognise the files. Then you have to patch them into the VBP again, as per the norm. This only doesn't apply when you add or delete a file, from the folder. But when you rename the folders, etc. Then yes, it will...

eg:
    Add Form and Add Module, until they are all there again.

-- That is what, I had and did just today on my systems at home, at work and at College!!

Quote Originally Posted by akhileshbc View Post
    Me too...

Then how does VB able to find the location ?
    If no location is specified then they are in the same folder as the .vbp file.

For files in the same drive you only get a relative path, eg:
    Form=D:\code\frmEngine.frm
    Form=..\frmMsgBox.frm
    Class=clsTest; subfolder\clsTest.cls

Thanks...