DataGrid Click event not fire-VBForums

Thread: DataGrid Click event not fire

DataGrid Click event not fire

Dear All,

i have met a very strange problem.

i have a datagrid connect to a recordset which will update during program. the datagrid is set to single record select. fullrow highlight

problem is, when i click 2nd row on the datagrid for 1st time, it will change to 2dn row, then i click 1st row, it go 1st row. now i click again 2nd row, the datagrid will not more function. it highlight 2 row... the datagrid_click event totally not fire. but, if i put a breakpoint at 1 of the line in code, it will go to fire the event, but after i remove the breakpoint. it goes crazy again.

i using VB6 sp6.

Thanks for help in advance.

Re: DataGrid Click event not fire

Post the code from your click event.

Private Sub DGMainSub_Click()
    MonthView1.Visible = False
    Saved = False
    End Sub

this my code.. Saved is a global variable. i place a break point at Monthview1 then is will go here, but i remove the breakpoint, it skip the click event...
    i tried put a debug.print in front the monthview1 without breakpoint, but it will not do anything as well. please help

What do you want to do exactly? Setting Visible to False will make the grid control disappear from the screen/form completely.

EDIT: So, it's 6:30 AM (working all night) and I now see that I made a mistake there. You're not setting the grid's Visible property but a MonthView's. I think there is a bug in MonthView control. I remember someone was writing about it and I did some investigating. Let me try and find that thread for you.

EDIT2: Got it. It's different problem, but related to MonthView. Look at post #2 with my comments. Other posts might provide some more info http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...ight=monthview
    I'm really losing concentration to look into it more now. I'll follow up tomorrow.
    Last edited by baja_yu; Sep 26th, 2010 at 11:40 PM.

hi, thanks for reply.

my problem is not related to visible any control. i just want to do select within records in my datagrid.
    but i just unable to select other records after i had select first and second record. i had do the coding in datagrid click event is for other perform. so problem i met is the highlighted word above. thanks for help

Dear all, my problem solved.

Everytime is like that... the solution is what i really dun want to do, bcos i dun think Microsoft so lousy...

the solution is delete the control and drag a new one. problem solved~~ thanks