Thread: [RESOLVED] Maximized MDI Child Form Size Problem

Resolved [RESOLVED] Maximized MDI Child Form Size Problem

I'm using an MDI for my project. I've already encountered the problem of setting the child form's WindowState = Maximized in the Designer, and accomplish this after the form is instantiated, but before I show it.

The size problem I'm having is when the both the Parent and Child forms are maximized. For whatever reason, the child form's right border is still visible. I've attached a few screen captures to (hopefully) better explain my problem. The white boxes were photo edited later, to hide the actual content of the project. The first picture shows both the parent and child forms not maximized, and gives the normal effect. The second picture shows the parent form not maximized, and the child form maximized. Again, everything acts normally. The third picture shows both the parent and child forms maximized. Here, the right border of the child form can be seen in the parent form. This does not seem normal to me.

I've read elsewhere that the child form size can not be larger than the parent form's client area. Also, that any form cannot be larger than the screen size.

What's weird is that I don't remember having this problem a few days ago.

I've tried starting a brand new project and it produces the same problem.

I have no idea what to do or how to resolve this.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Maximized MDI Child Form Size Problem

Apparently, the issue was a glitch in how the maximum size for the MDI children forms was calculated. Today, when I docked my laptop at work, the screens needed to readjust. I guess this fixed the issue, because the MDI children forms are now maximizing to the correct size. I had to go into a meeting with my computer (requiring me to undock it again), and so I decided to test the program again. Everything worked as expected.

I guess I should have tried changing the screen resolution in the beginning, as Vista has often drawn the taskbar over maximized windows due to a miscalculation.