Thread: Crystal report kept in memory?

Hyperactive Member jasonwucinski's Avatar

Crystal report kept in memory?

hello all,
    I really hope someone can help me. I designed an app to run crystal reports. everything seemed to be fine, and i eventually moved on from the job. I have since been asked to make a slight change to one of the reports (just change an image), which i did. But, when i paste the new report into the folder in which all the reports reside and run my program, the changes are being shown. in fact, if i delete all my report and run the program, it will still display the original report, as if it werent deleted. anyone know what's going on? is the original report kept cached somewhere? i know i didnt write the program to do anything like that. or is the report actually compiled into the program? if so, is there anyway to fix it without recompiling? i handed over the source code to them and they no long have it.

thanks again
    jason

oh, i wrote the program in VB.net using VS 2008 and crystal reports 2008
    if i was able to help, rate my post!

Frenzied Member

Wink Re: Crystal report kept in memory?

i handed over the source code to them and they no long have it.
    Good relief, now you can start coding the Application afresh...

Looks (Oops! I forgot you don't have the source code ) like the report object was not closed and exterminated in the coding.
    Look for lines like the below if not then add them at appropriate places....
    Code:
    objMyrpt.close
    set objMyrpt=Nothing

PowerPoster

Re: Crystal report kept in memory?

But, when i paste the new report into the folder in which all the reports reside and run my program, the changes are being shown
    If the changes are being shown I not sure what the problem is.

But, if the report Build Action property is set to "embedded" then the report will be compiled with the application.