Thread: Save Browser History

Save Browser History

I need to save the visited URLs of ( IE , FireFox, Google Chrome,Opera ) into a DB file.
    Any help?

Re: Save Browser History

Hi HasRus...

Welcome to the forums...

Are you using WebBrowser control ? If so, you can try saving the visited link inside the DocumentComplete event, I think. Or save it when the user types the link in your addressbar (most probably you'll be using a textbox)...

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Thanks akhileshbc.
    what i'm looking for is illustrated in the photo encolsed..the user may choose from several option buttons ( the browser name ) then a the visited URLs would be shown in list..a chart will show the number of each site being visited then. file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Info/Desktop/sample.jpg

[IMG]C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Info/Desktop/sample.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by HasRus; Aug 8th, 2010 at 03:01 PM. Reason: contains wrong link

Quote Originally Posted by HasRus View Post
    Thanks akhileshbc.
    what i'm looking for is illustrated in the photo encolsed..the user may choose from several option buttons ( the browser name ) then a the visited URLs would be shown in list..a chart will show the number of each site being visited then. file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Info/Desktop/sample.jpg
    Where's the pic ?

So, you are invoking other browsers via your program and wants to grab the no. of times they visit each URL ?

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Well,sorry .here's the pic again...Now the user can choose the browser name and ( or ) choose the needed date, then a list would be filled with the visited pages of the so-called browser ,for the specified date,or for the whole pages..Down a chart will show the whole data for better evaluation of the most visited pages..
    Hope u got a good idea now..
    Thanks again..and realy eager to solve somehow..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sorry, I don't know how to list the visited sites ! May be someone will come up with a solution.

I think FireFox uses SQLite DB to store the data so you would need to interface that to get the info. And, I think Opera encrypts it so I'm not sure if you will be able to get it at all.

Thanks ALL.
    Here’s plz find enclosed the code I modified from the original :

http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb...20101534040800

where ListView shows the URLS from IE only in accordance to the chosen date , then click Button to show chart for each address and No of times being visited ( hit rate )..
    but still error comes from charting…I need to work over it , though any HELP to fix it would be appreciated .
    Attached Files Attached Files

by the way...how to remove the starting words( Visitedby: .....) from each row and show the URL address as such ( www.yahoo.com ) only