Thread: fake compile errors

Hyperactive Member

fake compile errors

Hi guys,
    Anyone ever get fake compile errors and rebuild the program and then they go away? Well mine aren't going away and I can compile and run no problem. I've got something like 100 compile errors and the "run with error's" warning doesn't appear at any time and when I do run my program it runs just the way it should. However I still see like 100 errors.
    My Websites
    SharpMP3 - MP3 Design Articles www.sharpmp3.com
    Yobbers - Job Search www.yobbers.com
    Lets Trend - Methods For Riding Stock Trends www.letstrend.com

Re: fake compile errors

Double click one of them and see what code it takes you to.

Delete the Bin and Obj folders from the project folder then open your solution in VS and see if you still have compile errors.
    Currently using VS 2015 Enterprise on Win10 Enterprise x64.

CodeBank: All ThreadsColors ComboBoxFading & Gradient FormMoveItemListBox/MoveItemListViewMultilineListBoxMenuButtonToolStripCheckBoxStart with Windows

Are they errors or warnings? What do they look like? If they were truly errors, your app wouldn't run. Warnings can be worked around, but still should be fixed.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Hyperactive Member

They went away after I changed some other code and compiled and ran again. I'll remember the obj and bin folders for next time thanks. It's just a recurring annoyance, I thought there was a setting or something for it. Usually just rebuilding the program works.
    My Websites
    SharpMP3 - MP3 Design Articles www.sharpmp3.com
    Yobbers - Job Search www.yobbers.com
    Lets Trend - Methods For Riding Stock Trends www.letstrend.com

PowerPoster

You can right click on the project file and clean which should do the same thing.