Thread: [RESOLVED] Need Solution for Convert JPG image(with text) to text using VB.net

Lively Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Need Solution for Convert JPG image(with text) to text using VB.net

Hi All,

I need suggestion and idea for my application. My project theme is "JPG image will contains text", i need to pick text only from JPG image. Is there
    any possiblity to do this application using VB.Net.

Friends, I need valuable idea and suggestion from you all.

I attach sample JPG image for your reference.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Need Solution for Convert JPG image(with text) to text using VB.net

So, you're saying that you want to be able to look at an image and convert the text it contains into editable text, like OCR software, right? That's certainly possible, as OCR software proves, but it's VERY complex and VB.NET is certainly not the language you'd use for something like that. It would be extremely computationally intensive so unmanaged C++ would probably be the language of choice for such a project.

Lively Member

Ya you are right jmcilhinney!!! but i dont have idea in C++.. Can you say any solution in Vb.net...

You say "solution" like it's a few lines of code. Liek I said, this would be very, very complex. The fact that you're asking this is pretty much proof that it's not something you could do. I'm sure that it would take me months to get anywhere near a solution. It's just not realistic to write something like that from scratch.

Lively Member

Resolved Re: Need Solution for Convert JPG image(with text) to text using VB.net

Thanks jmcilhinney!! I try over with any other concept without using JPG files.

Thanks for your instant help.