Thread: Neon light in Pulsar bike !!!

Hybrid View

Question Neon light in Pulsar bike !!!

Hi guys...

My dream two-wheeler is Bajaj Pulsar 150+ CC bike. I wish to add some mod to the bike giving it a sporty touch. Like the neon lights, undercover, etc.

But is it allowed to use neon lights in bikes and vehicles ? Or, against the law ?

Where can I get those lights from ?

Thanks in advance...

Some pics:

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Re: Neon light in Pulsar bike !!!

depends on your locale... some places outlaw underbody neons... period... doesn't matter if it's on a bike or a car... as for where... auto parts shops... places that specialize in pimping your ride... or check online.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Here are first three I found on Google

http://glowjob.com/
    http://www.boogey.com/
    http://rockthebike.com/lights/downlowglow

I wouldn't be surprised if the first one got picked up by the word filter

Check with the local RTO office. I don't believe there is a law in Kerala that prevents you from installing neon lights.
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'
    save a blobFileStreamDataTable To Text Filemy blog

Thanks guys...

These neon lighting are not common here. That's why I asked !

Does it require more battery power for the neon to light ? I mean, do I have to buy additional battery for this neon ? Or, does it require minimum voltage ?

baja, I checked those links and the price of them seems to be very high ! I think it will be better to go for a set of LED lights instead of Neons

@abhijit & techgnome: I'm not sure about the neons "law" in Kerala. But I heard that, using white light as head light is prohibited. Instead yellow lights have to be used, because it produces more clear vision than the white lights in fogs etc. One of my friend told that and I don't know how much TRUE it is. I will try asking the RTO.

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

What is the price of a Pulsar bike? What's the mileage you get for 1 litre of petrol?
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'

Quote Originally Posted by abhijit View Post
    What is the price of a Pulsar bike? What's the mileage you get for 1 litre of petrol?
    About Rs. 73000.
    And the mileage is less than 50km.

Most of the guys that I know, were against this bike and they says that, it will get engine trouble within an year itself.

But I'm really impressed by it's style...

I used to have a Bajaj 4S champion that gave about 72 (+) kilometers for every 1 liter of petrol.
    If the mileage is less than 50 km, I seriously think you should reconsider your purchase.

What is the kind of mileage that other bikes offer?

I used to have a Bajaj 4S champion that gave about 72 (+) kilometers for every 1 liter of petrol.
    If the mileage is less than 50 km, I seriously think you should reconsider your purchase.

What is the kind of mileage that other bikes offer?
    There's Honda Unicorn, which is having 65+km mileage, Yamaha FZ (don't know the mileage. but most of my frndz are supporting this one), Honda Stunner - 60+km, etc..

Hereo Honda bikes are there, and they provides best quality. But none of them from Hero Honda have won the competition against Pulsar (i think). Karizma & Hunk are from them.

"About Rs. 73000."

How much is that in USD or Euros, and is that for a new or used bike?

Quote Originally Posted by baja_yu View Post
    "About Rs. 73000."

About 1600$, I think...
    It's for a new one..!

"About Rs. 73000."

A brand new bike.
    1 USD = 46 INR (Rupees) Approx.

Seems like a good price for a new bike. How's the quality of it? I haven't come across Bajaj, guess they don't export to Europe.

Seems like a good price for a new bike. How's the quality of it? I haven't come across Bajaj, guess they don't export to Europe.
    The style is good. But most of the reviews from my friends is that, it has low engine quality. It doesn't mean that the engine is low powered. But it is likely occur engine problems in a very short period of time.

It is one of the highest price in my place..

And, I think they won't export it to any other countries..!
    Last edited by akhileshbc; Jun 22nd, 2010 at 09:37 AM. Reason: added more

Talking Re: Neon light in Pulsar bike !!!

Quote Originally Posted by akhileshbc View Post
    And, I think they won't export it to any other countries..!
    That's not true at all.

Look at their website:
    Market leader in 2-wheelers in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh , Colombia and Central America

That's not true at all.

Look at their website:
    Market leader in 2-wheelers in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh , Colombia and Central America
    Oh! I never heard that they export Pulsar to other countries.. Thanks for the info...

That's a shame, looks very nice. What are your other options, other models?

Europe has strict emission and quality standards so very few manufacturers can export here. I've just now seen a first Chinese car maker, called Cherry I think.

That's a shame, looks very nice. What are your other options, other models?

Europe has strict emission and quality standards so very few manufacturers can export here. I've just now seen a first Chinese car maker, called Cherry I think.
    I'm not sure about the engine problem. My friends are the knowledge base for these kind of things. And they told me about the engine problems.

But if we check those two-wheelers on road (in my place), for each half of an hour there will be atleast 2 pulsars rashing on the road!

Bajaj Auto used to be world's largest manufacturers of scooters. For some reason, they have now decided to focus on bikes.

Almost everyone in India has rode some kind of Bajaj vehicle till date. Their most popular vehicle I believe was the Chetak (named after a historical figure's steed).

They export a lot of vehicles to Asia, Latin America and Africa.