Thread: [RESOLVED] Advanced Question: Intel Active Management Engine

Resolved [RESOLVED] Advanced Question: Intel Active Management Engine

I have a dell optiplex 755 which comes with this. I press ctrl-p to access the control window, enter the default password of "admin".
    it won't let me do anything until i change the default password.
    I try and it won't let me change it. It errors out.

any ideas? I tried a Strong password and had no luck.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell

Re: Advanced Question: Intel Active Management Engine

finally solved it on my own. It turns out that their idea of a strong password is not the same as mine. It needs to contain both upper and lower case, be at least 8 characters, contain at least one number, AND contain one NON- alphanumeric character. After adding an exclamation point to the password, it accepted it.

interesting side note: This model dell was targeted originally towards businesses and came with functionality that worked even when off. A side effect of this is it was polling the network every 10 minutes or so. Not an issue except it was briefly powering on and this would flicker the monitor and activate the dvd drive. This was too noisy and it was this functionality i needed to shut off. It's in my bedroom and was loud enough to wake someone sometimes.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell