Thread: Data Source Configuration Wizard problem

Unhappy Data Source Configuration Wizard problem

I am writing a program using Microsoft Visual Basic.NET 2008 Express edition to connect to either a Microsoft Access 2010 database (*.accdb file) or a Microsoft Access 2003 database (*.mdb file) (preferably the 2010 version, but it does not matter).

When adding the database via the Data Source Configuration Wizard, I WAS getting the normal browse screen (similar to THIS image) after selecting Microsoft Access as the database file.

Now, after select the Microsoft Access as the type of database file, I get THIS window.

I tried the standard security connection string found HERE (modifying the file location of course)

When I click OK (it does not matter if the connection string (or anything for that matter) is inputed) I always get the following message "Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 0."

Also, whenever I click Test Connection (again it does not matter what in the connection string input) I get a message saying "Test connection succeeded."

Can someone help me out?

Thank you,

CampSoup1988

Re: Data Source Configuration Wizard problem

If you have installed Access 2010 and not Access 2007 then I believe you'll be using ACE 14.0, not 12.0. That said, I installed Office 2010 on a clean system recently and tried to connect to an ACCDB file and it reported that neither ACE 12.0 or 14.0 was installed. I installed the 64-bit version, assuming that that would install a 64-bit version of ACE. I haven't gone back to do further testing so I'm not sure what the situation is, although the Registry did contain entries for ACE 14.0.

Re: Data Source Configuration Wizard problem

hmmm

It was working before... I had installed the Office 2010 as I had needed access to MS Access (originally for my VB class, which I have now finished).

I installed the 32 bit version (I am using Win XP home)