Thread: help needed in time out concept

help needed in time out concept

I have windows service and web service and Busines layer. My windows service calls the webmethod which inturn calls my BLL.My BLL will do the xml paring and inserts into database. So My doubt is if any time out occurs in the WCF webservice, will the BLL continue its work? if not please give me an solution to continue the work. if any time out occurs in the WCF webservice, my BLL work should not gets affected.Please help me in this and if any sample please share with me.
    Loving dotnet

PowerPoster

Re: help needed in time out concept

I don't understand. What is your business layer?
    If any part of a distributed system goes down for any reason, and you do not have redundency in place then yes your system will have problems. You can do things similar to say Outlook and work "offline" where you save data changes locally until your distributed services come back online. Doing that type of thing will depend on your layers, for example does your BLL have a copy of all the data to allow local reads. There are loads of considerations on this one, most of them need to be thought about long before a line of code is written.