Thread: RecordSet in VB 6.0

Lively Member

RecordSet in VB 6.0

Hi Guys,

Quick question, im in the process of beginning a recordset procedure and im just curious can the following be done?

Im aware you can use a recordset to open a database but what im looking to find out "maybe for an example if anyone is feeling nice" :/ say i had a main menu with loads of different tabs leading to different sections of the application etc and say one of the tabs were "invoice register" i would ideally like to just type "ir" and it finds the most relevant and then opens the screen? is that something i can programme in to the record set to do?

Thanks in advance guys much appreciated.

Re: RecordSet in VB 6.0

Welcome to the forums...

You mean, you want to open a form and load data from the database, when you type "ir" in main form ?

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Re: RecordSet in VB 6.0

Recordsets do not open databases.

Connection strings and connection objects open databases.

Once the database is opened, you may perform a query against a specific table, or tables, in the hopes of returning records stored in the database that match the criteria you used in your query.

If there are records that do match your search criteria, then those will be returned to you in a recordset. From there you may manipulate those records as needed.